Senior Laboratory Officer – HEID Testing
Jobs at:Management and development for heath(MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Senior Laboratory Officer – HEID Testing
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Laboratory Project Manager
The Senior Laboratory Project Officer – HEID is a self-motivated individual who will work in close collaboration with the MoHCDGEC and its relevant institutions such as NACP, NHL-QATC, RHMTs, CHMTs, Development Partners and HEID laboratories to guarantee provision of effective national support in enhancing capacity and efficiency of HEID testing at all levels in the country. Her/his main objective is to guarantee the highest technical/quality, logistical and administrative performance of the HEID samples collection, handling, testing and timely release of accurate results for better patient management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the MOHCDGEC, PORALG, NACP, NHL-QATC, R/CHMTs and Implementing Partners to ensure provision of technical support to all HEID laboratories and clinics for enhancing the capacity and efficiency of testing.
• Provide capacity building for MCH and Laboratory staff to properly collect, process, package and transport HEID samples.
• Provide technical and logistical supports to R/CHMTs and IPs to achieve effective integration of the EID sample transportation into the national laboratory sample referral system.
• Provide capacity building for R/CHMTs and IPs in successfully implementing interventions to strengthen the quality of DBS samples at clinics and laboratories.
• Design and implement supervisions, training and mentorship programs to improve quality and performance of the HEID testing at clinics and laboratories.
• Design and implement mechanisms to track and monitor the key performance indicators for the HEID testing from sample collection at clinics to sample testing in the laboratories.
• Coordinate and participate in periodic meetings with stakeholders to discuss progress and priorities of HEID testing in the country.
• Provide regular assessments and measures to address identified gaps in strengthening HEID testing activities at clinics and laboratories.
• Provide technical and logistical supports to establish and strengthen HEID inter-laboratory networking for enhanced testing capacity and efficiency.
• Ensure effective execution of the approved workplan and budget to achieve the set targets.
• Prepare, review and submit progress reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed.
• Participate in the development of workplan and budget.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
• A Degree or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory or Biomedical science and other related skills. 2. Additional training in the Molecular diagnosis techniques, Laboratory Quality Management or public health related courses will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working with PEPFAR funded programs in Laboratory management position or in implementing ISO 150189, SLMTA standards especially in HIV care and treatment settings.
• Conversant in Molecular techniques for diagnosis of infectious diseases such as HIV.
• Skill in implementation or assessing laboratory standards such as SLMTA and ISO 150189.
• Previous experience of working with the various stakeholders including R/CHMTs, Implementing Partners and other Government entities.
• Familiar with Laboratory supply chain management and reagents quantification.
• Experience in organizing/coordinating high level meetings and trainings that involves different stakeholders.
Other Special Qualifications/Skills:
• Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel and Power Point Presentation or any other statistical software for data analysis.
• Results oriented individual with ability to meet set target with competing priorities.
• Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.