Senior Higher Education Research Coordinator
Jobs at:Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder will provide support in the management of research information system for higher education and research institutions in the Community, and a higher education research repository. S/He will participate in the development and coordination of higher education research projects/programmes, and coordination of higher education research projects/Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Promoting research in higher education and establishing and maintaining a repository and a research management information system
2. Documenting higher education capacity in the Community to guide sharing of resources among higher education institutions in the region
3. Promoting research in human capacity needs and emerging issues in the Community for enhancing sustainable socio-economic development and regional integration
4. Advising higher education institutions with respect to the promotion of equity and the development of regional human resources in the Community
5. Providing information to higher education institutions in the region on developments in higher education and research in other parts of the world
Key Performance Indicators
• Higher education information system developed and periodically updated
• Repository of higher education research established and operationalized
• Resource capacity of higher education institutions documented
• Number of research projects/programmes and publications on higher education in the region
Minimum Job Requirements
(a) Academic Qualifications
Having a Masters’s degree from a recognized University, A Ph.D. degree is an added advantage
(b) Work Experience
Have at least 8 years experience in teaching and research at least at the rank of Senior Lecturer, Senior Researcher, or equivalent in a recognized higher education institution,
(c) Key Competencies
• Must have sound knowledge of research management in higher education
• Have sound knowledge of information technology management
• Have sound experience in research proposal and report writing and project evaluation
• Be conversant with academic programs in higher education institutions and the multiple challenges and global pressures facing them
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have sound computer knowledge and skills
How to apply:
• Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SENIOR HIGHER EDUCATION RESEARCH COORDINATOR.
• Complete the online form at this link https://www.iucea.org/lonz
Eligibility for applications for all positions:
• This position is subject to the application of the Quota System of IUCEA. Senior Higher Education Research Coordinator, applicants from all the EAC Partner States are eligible to apply.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
• The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
• The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
• All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
• All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
• The IUCEA is an equal-opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. IUCEA will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
• Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
The deadline for submission of application forms [https://www.iucea.org/fy2t] to the IUCEA Secretariat is 30th November 2022. Application forms should filled out online accompanied by the following:
• Certified copies of the applicant’s degree award.
• Up-to-date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
• Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
• Any other relevant supporting documents
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (PAYROLL).
Complete the online form at this link https://www.iucea.org/fy2t and submit an application and the required documents electronically to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.