Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Deadline of this Job:
28 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the directives of the Project Finance Lead, the Senior Finance Officer’s responsibilities will be to provide support and guidance to conservation team by working with the Program teams both in Tanzania and in other country offices for regional and transboundary projects. This will mainly involve, the Finance and Operations staff with tasks related to accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and financial management to ensure full compliance with rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up, and implementation of the effective internal control framework.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Program budgets management
• Manage program expenditure by ensuring that all program activities are fully funded and expended appropriately.
• Liaise with project technical staff and the TOO Finance Manager on budgetary/cash flows and disbursements from the donor and to
• Play a leading role by coordinating planning and budgeting processes between different country offices for regional and transboundary projects.
• Employ financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all
• program expenses are in accordance/compliant with country laws, WWF policies as well as donor financial policies, procedures and rules and regulations
• Play a leading role to ensure maximum compliance with donor requirements in different country offices for regional and transboundary projects
• Review and provide support for the financial aspects of contract execution of local and international sub-implementing partners
• Facilitate timely, accurate project cash requests and cash reconciliations;
• Play a leading role to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting from different country offices for regional and transboundary projects.
• Senior Finance Officer Job Vacancy at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Required Qualifications and skills:
• A university degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field, Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA, Dip IPSAS or equivalent will be an added advantage, Three to five years of working in audit, with financial/accounting systems in a major international organisation/NGO, Good knowledge of fund accounting (including reporting requirements of major Bi-lateral Aid Agencies); Knowledge on SWISS GAAP FER accounting framework will be a distinct advantage, Excellent English and knowledge of local languages.
• Additional information:
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/. Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 28th June 2022 at 4:00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.