Vacancy title: [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Senior Finance Officer – Disbursement
Jobs at: World Vision
Deadline of this Job: Duty Station:
28 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Summary Similar Jobs in Tanzania
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about World Vision
World Vision jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Cash and Banking Management.
- Ensure GC Funding and Support Offices Direct Funds are received and time confirmed as required
- Review completeness of receipt for all cash/funds.
- Ensure all bank records & documents are kept safely and all banking correspondences are done in a timely manner
- Review petty cash requests in line with the approval ceiling limit and reconcile the amount requested with supporting documents and ensure replenishment is done timely.
- Ensure the cash target low is maintained for the whole financial year.
- Ensure that there is adequate float in banks, M-pesa, and Airtel money to support the implementation daily.
- Review and consolidate monthly bank reconciliations for all clusters & Head office bank accounts.
- Timely funding confirmation so as to be reflected in GL
- Proper documentation and availability of documents all the time
- Compliance of internal control on cashMeeting target low on monthly
- Availability of funds all the time to support the payment
- Timely submission of the bank reconciliation report
General Disbursement Management Payments Service suppliers, mobile payments, and staff advance.
- Ensure all payments to services/goods providers are paid within 15 days after the receipt date.
- Verify all petty cash, staff advance, mobile payments, and vendors’ payments and ensure that they are well supported with adequate backups.
- Ensure all internal controls in relation to payments have been adhered.
- Ensure all accrued invoices at the year-end are paid within 60 days of Q1 of the new financial year.
- Follow up with the cluster to ensure the funds requested are paid on or before the 5th of each cluster.
- Ensure the split bill account is cleared on monthly basis.
- Ensure internally created invoices for mobile payments are fully approved before payments.
- Ensure all mobile payments are paid within two days from the receipt date.
- Ensure the cash disbursement journal for already paid mobile transactions is posted weekly.
- Ensure account allocation for 20003BENPAYMNT/Honorarium is timely integrated and allocated weekly.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents on mobile money received from the field is fully supported and has been approved by the specific approvers from the field.
- Follow up with finance staff to ensure all invoices received are created into provision within two days after the receipt date.
- Compliance with internal control on payment
- Timely payment to suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Timely funding to the cluster which on or before the 5th of each month
- Clearing split accounts with zero balance monthly.
- Thoroughly review documents to check compliance of internal control
Settlement Advice (SA) and Pre-Approval (Pa) Management
- Close Follow You with Finance Officer to Ensure Pa’s And Sa’s Are Well Managed Reconciliations Are Done Monthly.
- Ensure no outstanding transactions in 300 reconciliations of more than 60days
- Ensure PAs are SA’d timely.
Balance Sheet Management (Clearance and allocation)
- Ensuring the account 20003BENPYMENT is cleared on a monthly basis. Ensure Account 170, status for advance payment to suppliers is prepared on monthly basis.
- Clearing account 200, by ensuring the accrued transactions during the year-end are paid within 60 days after the year-end and follow up to ensure retention is well managed.
- Ensure accounts allocation for 180, 200, 260,155 balance sheet accounts are monitored and validated monthly.
- The balance sheet has the current status only.
- Maintain only unallocated transactions.
Payroll and statutory requirement Management.
- Ensure timely payment of staff salary every month which is on or before the 25th of each month. Ensure staff terminal benefits are correctly calculated, coded, and timely paid.
- Ensure the salary journal is timely prepared and ensure is posted Sun Systems on or before the 30th same month.
- Ensure all statutory deductions (NSSF, PAYE, WCF, and HELSB) are paid and submitted on or before the due date.
- Ensure W/TAX is timely submitted to TRA Ensure staff terminal benefits are accurately computed, coded, and timely paid
- Staff salary is paid on or before the 25th of each month
- Terminal benefits are paid with two days after receipt
- Payment of statutory deduction before 30th of each month Timely submitting W/Tax on or before the 7th of each month
Managing the team
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in accounting of at least 5 years.
- Good knowledge of normal organizational policies, tax laws, and GAAPS, IFRS.
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem-solving, teamwork, and coaching
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Minimum Qualification required Degree in Accounting or related fields. CPA is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Knowledge of accounting practice in NGOs
Good Reporting Skills.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Advise the department managers on technical issues.
Senior Cluster Accountant
- Coordinate with Senior Accountant on disbursement issues but also on balance sheet clean up.
- Support and advise all staff on WVT Finance policies and ensure are in compliance.
All assignments done by the Senior Finance officer are escalated to Accounts Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
- This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
QUICK ALERT SUBSCRIPTION