Senior Finance & Grants Officer – TMSA
Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Development of the subawards management program and guidelines with input and oversight of the Chief of Party and Technical Team.
• Oversee subaward management process for Partners, including working with the Technical Team to develop SOWs, tracking, review, and approval processes.
• Issuance of RFAs, evaluations of applications, negotiations and coordination and conducting of pre-award assessments and preparation of the sub-award agreement.
• Maintains subawards files, including records on monitoring, progress reports, and financial management files and ensures audit trail for all necessary subaward documentation.
• Ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with subaward financial management policies, monitors all expenses as necessary, and provides regular updates on subaward status.
• Provides regular periodic monitoring of international and local sub-awardees and technical assistance as required to build their capacity.
• Reviews technical and financial expenditure reports (as necessary) for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
• Provide functional support for IHI finance and accounting functions.
• Ensure that all project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, allowable, have adequate supporting documentation, have the appropriate expense class and account coding, have been approved and goods, services and due deliverables have been received, accepted and are in the required condition, prior to finalizing payments.
• Oversee tracking of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping.
• Review and supervise remittance of applicable local statutory and tax amounts payable to the Tanzania Revenue Authority, Pension Funds, and any other statutory requirements.
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports to the DFA.
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure it is compliant with IHI policies & procedures as well as the terms of the agreement.
• Perform cash management functions required in maintaining IHI bank accounts.
• Review and submit monthly bank reconciliations.
• Provide finance training materials for both program and administrative field staff.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Master’s degree in Finance and Accountancy.
• 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CPA(T) or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in finance and subaward/grants management within the USAID context.
• Strong understanding and experience with USAID rules and regulations is required.
• Fluent in both English and Swahili languages.
• Strong candidates will exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work under difficult circumstances with limited resources, and ability to form productive relationships with host country counterparts and training institutions.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Tuesday, October 11th, 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: SENIOR FINANCE & GRANTS OFFICER – TMSA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Tuesday, October 11th, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.