Senior Budget Officer
Jobs at:Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Purpose of the Job
The Senior Budget Officer coordinate the Institution’s budget preparations, administer and manage all aspects of the budget functions including examining the budget estimates or proposals for accuracy, precision, and completeness during the budgeting process; ensuring conformity with financial procedures, policies and organizational objectives during the implementation process; and preparation of timely management accounting reports for management decision making and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the institution budget preparation processes in line with established procedures and the requirement of the EAC budget Act.
• Manage budget performance and ensure all institution expenditures are against approved budget lines by verifying all expenditures.
• Prepare periodic budget performance reports and advise management on over or under budget utilization.
• Ensure daily applications and systems backup of the SUN Accounting System in done.
• Monitor System Performance and trouble shoot issues and outages in the Accounting System
• Maintain the Accounting System so that all Sub-Ledgers reconcile with the General Ledger.
• Ensure proper coding of MTEF codes using the Budget Management System (BMS)
• Coordinate the data entry exercise across units into the Budget Management System.
• Ensure correct reports are generated by the Budget Management System
• Upload the approved budget in the SUN Accounting System.
• Coordinate the preparation of end of year financial statements using the SUN Accounting System reporting tool.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting; Finance; Business Administration; Economics or a related field. He/she must be a Professional Accountant with ACCA/CPA final certificate and registered with the relevant professional body.
• Minimum of 8 years working experience in accounting environment with 3 years at senior level. Knowledge of MTEF processes is an added advantage.
Skills and competencies:
• Must have Knowledge of IFRS, IAS, IPSAS and applicable legal framework for Development Partners financing (Donor requirements). Competency in Accounting System SUN, Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. High level of integrity
How to apply
• Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SENIOR BUDGET OFFICER
• Complete the online form at this link https://www.iucea.org/myzt
Eligibility for applications for all positions:
• This position is subject to the application of the Quota System of IUCEA. Senior Budget Officer only applicants from the Republic of South Sudan are eligible to apply for those positions.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
• The above positions are tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
• The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
• All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
• All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
• The IUCEA is an equal-opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. IUCEA will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
• Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
The deadline for submission of application forms [https://www.iucea.org/fy2t] to the IUCEA Secretariat is 30th November 2022. Application forms should filled out online accompanied by the following:
• Certified copies of the applicant’s degree award.
• Up-to-date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
• Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
• Any other relevant supporting documents
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (PAYROLL).
Complete the online form at this link https://www.iucea.org/fy2t and submit an application and the required documents electronically to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.