Jobs at:Tanzania Red Cross Society
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 24 2023
Date Posted:Friday, March 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to : Finance Manager
Duty Station : Dar Es Salaam
Key Duties/Responsibi lities:
: Not above 45 year.
1. Donor-supported Projects:
• Maintenance of Books of accounts and their supporting documentation for donorsupported projects at the Head Quarters ready for reviews and verifications. i.e. asset, liability, revenue, and expenses.
• Ensure all the budgets and expenses related to donor-supported projects are correctly entered, are up to date and well maintained in the NAVISION system.
• To ensure all the payments due and liabilities from the donor-supported project implementations are processed on a timely manner.
• Ensure transfers made to Regions/Field for donor-supported project activities are done timely and follow-up is made for their timely retirements/accounting.
• To ensure that all payments made through the donor-supported projects are well supported with all the necessary supporting documents.
• To perform bank reconciliation on a monthly basis for all donor-supported projects and bank accounts.
• To prepare analysis expenditure and trends reports and share them with the program staff for decision-making on a monthly basis, e.g. BvA reports, Activity statements.
• Advice in a timely manner to the program staff on all Financial Management matters for effective and efficient implementation of the activities.
• Review of donor-supported Financial Reports from Project Accountants before their submission as per the donor requirements.
• Prepare Organization’s Financial Statements and other financial reports and cooperate with external auditors during audit exercises.
• Through running and review of different periodic Financial Reports from the NAVISION System advise necessary adjustments for correct/better reporting and correction of errors/mistakes.
• Ensure reconciliation between the Subsidiary accounts and the General ledgers for proper records of the NS and Projects accounts.
• Support in the monthly payroll processing and monthly payroll reconciliations through the NAVISION System.
• Support the Project and HQ accountants during Audit preparations, Audit exercises and implementation of Audit recommendations.
• Any other tasks as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• A degree in Accounting or Finance, Business Administration or a closely related and relevant field, from a recognized University.
• Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in a relevant similar field, preferably in a humanitarian organization.
Must be a CPA holder and preferably a registered accountant by NBAA
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and Accounting software experience.
• Very good command of written and spoken English. Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
• This is a locally recruited position and is open to Tanzanian nationals only.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter, updated CV and certificates combined as one PDF to Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, P. O. Box 1133, Dar Es Salaam by filling the following online form – https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/5uwKuYZ2. (Copy the link and paste it to your browser for the application). Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.