Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: CFO
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Dar Es Salaam / Bagamoyo
• Produce annual audited financial statements.
• Design, produce and present accurate monthly management accounts.
• Provide short- and long-term budgetary planning.
• Ensure that financial practices are in compliance with all statutory legislation and regulations and company policy.
• Provide financial advice and support to the business to enable the management team to make sound business decisions.
• Manage treasury including all short and medium cash flow projections.
• Ensure compliance with all loan covenants and reporting requirements.
• Take overall responsibility for the organization of the accounts department that is – structuring, recruiting and managing accounts staff etc. with approval of CEO.
• Provide and present accurate monthly management accounts to the CEO and senior business managers on a monthly basis.
• Provide advice to the senior management of the business on strategy and operational controls.
• Work with Senior management to further update monthly management financial reporting to include:
• An update of company rolling cash flow forecast for next 12 months
• An update of company rolling forecast for next 12 months
• A review of each business unit’s performance year to date against budget
• A detailed cash flow for the following month
• An update of the business financial KPI’s.
• Liaise with company auditors.
• Manage company bank accounts.
• Provide proper tax planning for the business, liaising with in country auditors where necessary.
• Manage company taxation, liaise with Tanzania Revenue Authority and participate in tax audits.
• Oversee the company asset register and update monthly.
• Audit company expenditure and advice of cost reduction opportunities.
• Action the outcomes of all audits and auditors’ management letters.
• Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
• Implement internal controls to protect the company’s assets and ensure that accurate and timeous data flow to the finance department from the operating activities is achieved.
• Prepare in collaboration with the HR-department the monthly payroll.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals from detail transacting to production of Annual Financial Statements.
• Compliance oriented.
• Executive level of managing and maintaining the efficiency and correct operation of the accounting software.
• Ownership of fiscal and regulatory matters.
• 7 plus years’ experience in a senior position in a Finance and Accounting department.
• Experience in Auditing, Cash flow, Funding management, Budgeting, Internal controls, reporting pack (Finance and Operations) is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Professional Qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
Competencies required for this Role
• Good communication skills.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Solid unshakable personal value system.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Frostan Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV and relevant certificates. Only candidates with the required experience will be contacted. Submissions to be sent to: Email: email@example.com Closing date: 05 November, 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.