Jobs at:Compassion International
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
• The primary purpose of this senior professional includes using discretion and ingenuity to partner with internal customers, answering financial reporting questions, explaining accounting principles, advise on proper recording of transactions, and informing others of financial policies and procedures. This also includes playing a consultative role in problem-solving complex procedural and technical issues.
• Serves as a subject matter expert and trusted source on the organization’s financial general ledger system, including the chart of accounts, functional allocation, fund balances, segments and other attributes of the system.
• Reviews and analyzes monthly/annual financial close processes for errors or misclassifications and corrects as needed. May also prepare and/or review key journal entries and account reconciliations if needed.
• May prepare and distribute financial statement reports and analyze such reports to provide insight into the decisions of internal clients.
• Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the accounting discipline.
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Ten years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.