Jobs at:CVPeople Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Carry out accounting roles and acts as a key person in driving the payments process,responsible for managing the cashiers and treasury functions, reconciliation of key account balances on a regular basis and prepares and sends various performance reports to management.
• Daily preparation and submission for review of cash vouchers and expenses for all cashiers to reviewers.
• Manage the daily allocation of tasks among the cashiers at the ICD and the main cash office.
• Train and guide the cashiers on accounting for cash and related movements.
• Performing surprise and month end cash counts.
• On a daily basis, update exchange rates on IRIS Finance based on the average rates available on Bank of Tanzania website.
• Verify all transactions input on Citidirect by the treasury team and ensuring that payment vouchers are provided to the level 1 authorizers on a timely basis.
• To coordinate and drive the payments process in finance. On a monthly basis to prepare and circulate reconciliation of specific account balances reconciliations including but not limited to:
• Cash in transit account balances;
• Holding group current accounts;
• Container deposit accounts and other supplier accounts;
• Debtors aged analysis for Havas and select debtor customers; and
• General ledger accounts analysis (as advised)
• To prepare and circulate on a daily basis the gross margin report;
• Assist in documentation and enhancement of internal controls by ensuring all financial procedures are adhered to.
• Liaise with external parties such as external auditors, banks and the Tanzania Revenue Authority within guidelines provided by supervisors.
• Provide guidance to the finance team on assigned areas to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• To act as an assistant to the credit control team in managing collections on customer accounts.
• Any ad-hoc assignments as well as providing back up for other roles related to general accounting.
• Any other tasks as may be assigned by line manager and supervisor
• Knowledge and Experience
• University degree (or its equivalent) in commerce, accounting, finance.
• Other Professional Qualification
• At least 3 years related work experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://cvpeopletanzania.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/594044000007803085/Senior-Accountant?source=CareerSite
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.