School Accountant & Finance Officer
Jobs at:Anazak Pre and Primary School
Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Anazak Pre and Primary School is a private owned English medium school established to provide high quality educational services to children aged 2 to 12 years old. The school is located at Kimara Temboni, Saranga Ward in Ubungo District, Dar es Salaam Region. It is a school with modern facilities to enable effective teaching and learning process. Children are monitored closely on their growth and development in the learning process. They sharpen their potentials and update their knowledge and skills to meet the fast-growing technology and the changing world.
School Accountant & Finance Officer
• To manage and further develop all aspects of the school’s day-to-day financial operations.
• To provide information, advice and guidance on matters relating to finances.
Focusing on, but not limited to:
Budget Management, Reporting and Analysis
• Evaluating information to prepare a realistic and balanced budget for the school and forecast annual budgets
• Maintain accurate financial data, including accurate monthly financial management reports.
• Monitoring financial performance and analysing cost-benefit performance of operations.
• Identifying causes of significant variance from the budget and taking prompt corrective action.
• Proposing revisions to the budget, if necessary, in response to unforeseen developments.
• Giving weekly financial reports (verbal) to Head of School
• Preparing written monthly financial statements
• Responsible for accuracy and integrity of accounting records
Daily Financial Operations
• Ensure accurate and timely follow up of unpaid school fees.
• Manage cash flow including petty cash bookkeeping.
• Salary calculations, payroll, and pays lips.
• Ensure accurate management of the fixed asset register.
• Pay suppliers/vendors in a timely manner.
• Employee loans and salary advances.
• Ensuring all budgets remain up-to-date and accurate
Audit, Tax and Compliance
• Comply and maintain a compliance check list for all statutory compliances applicable to schools in Tanzania
• Oversight of all tax-related tasks, including statutory tax returns, company returns, tax rate check, receiving of tax exemption card, etc.
• Ensure that the accounting and financial system is set to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and required standards
• Creating and maintaining an appropriate internal control manual that is up to date and in line with best practice
• Ensuring compliance in adoption and execution of internal procedures
• Working with tax consultants and legal attorneys as appropriate and needed in case of any tax issues with TRA
• Assist in required audit/compliance matters as needed.
• Ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports and returns (internal and external) are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
• Collate information, statistics and prepare reports as required by her/his line manager, the Board of Directors and Headteacher
• Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
• Issuing payment-related certificates
• Assist in the review of policies as applicable and make recommendations for improvements
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Any other reasonable duties/responsibilities that the Head of School may from time to time ask the post holder to perform.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Graduate from any recognized institute/college in Tanzania, CPA will be an added advantage
• Excellent English and Swahili languages communication (written and oral) skills
• Computer literate, with an emphasis on accounting systems and familiarity with Google Sheets
• Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that deadlines are met without compromising standards or circumventing procedure
• Varied and relevant experience of managing a financial accounting function, including audit work
• An eye for detail whilst maintaining an objective approach to materiality
• Flexible and cooperative approach to work
• At least 5 years of experience with an English-language based accounting system including practical accounting, process, systems, and rules
• Experience of working in a similar capacity, ideally in a school and/or with children or customerservice driven environment
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Anazak Pre and Primary School
P.O. Box 71306, Dar es Salaam
By email to: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving the applications: 13th February 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.