Risk Based Audit Officer
Jobs at:I&M Bank Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 25 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure that corporate governance, risk management, internal controls and compliance structures of the bank are in place.
• Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control system
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Conducting branch cash snap checks
• Review of quarterly financial statements before publication and provide a report for anomalies noted.
Ensuring activities are carried out according to the mandate of the Audit Plan approved by the Audit Committee, which entails:
• Timely performance of Audit assignments i.e. timely in planning, execution and reporting,
• Scheduling and attending planning meetings between the Internal Audit (IA) department and the Heads of the departments /Branch management to be audited and offering general direction to the Managers as they carry out risk assessments.
• Conducting site audit in accordance with pre-designed audit program and Audit plan ensuring adequate coverage of the scope.
• Ensure there is adequate communication and discussion with auditee while executing the audit assignment and confirmation of the findings before documentation.
• Ensure adequate root cause and risk of the findings is documented for each observation obtained.
• Adequate and timely maintenance of Audit supporting evidence in the teammate.
• Preparation of draft report/discussion memo for finding observed during audit i.e. risk involved, make recommendations on the system and procedures under review and discuss the results with system owners. And obtain responses from Auditee
• Finalization of reports for review by the Head of Internal Audit. While ensuring that the reports incorporate the bigger picture as well as views of the process owners.
• Attending closure meetings for each assignment performed, so as to incorporate their views in the reports.
• Minutes of the audit meetings i.e. entrance and exit adequate maintained in the teammate.
• Follow-up and provide status report of all outstanding audit recommendations i.e. internal, external and examiner Assist external auditors and regulators on audit matters
• Feedback is sought from auditee in respect of the audit conducted on the respective area and evidence uploaded in the teammate.
• Preparation of board reports form the audits done for presentation.
Assist in special reviews as may be recommended from time to time
Administration and liaison:
• Maintaining and coordinating the day to day communication within the internal audit department and with other departments.
• Ensure adequate guidance is given to subordinate staff assigned work under you.
• Timely performance of assigned Audit assignment’s.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Audit Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Report writing, communication and Presentation skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Knowledge on Microsoft Applications
Academic / Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance or related field
Working Experience Required
• A minimum of 2 years working experience at Senior Officer level
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.