Relief Lodge Manager / Guest Experience Manager
Jobs at:Safari Lodge / Excursion Company
Deadline of this Job:
02 July 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Relief Lodge Manager / Guest Experience Manager / Trainer - Single status - Tanzania
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Our Client a well-established Safari Lodge / Excursion Company in Tanzania is recruiting for a well-qualified, experienced and motivated Relief Lodge / Guest Experience Manager / Trainer to manage a number of their properties in the capacity of a Relief / Guest Experience Manager when the Lodge Managers are on leave as well as when training is being done etc. The position would suit a single status individual who is looking for growth and a fresh challenge in the established tourism sector in Tanzania. The position will involve travelling between the lodges that are located on various concessions.
My Client would welcome Candidate applications from candidates with previous work experience in East Africa / Southern Africa. Candidates should have a proven track record of managing Safari Lodges, Guest Experience Management and Training.
Most of the Lodges' have the following facilities:
• Standard Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Suites.
• F&B outlets
• Bars and entertainment areas
• swimming pool, health spa
• Game Drives and other Tourist activities.
The suitable candidate will be taking full responsibility for the property's day to day operations, budgets and profitability by effectively planning, leading, organizing and controlling all aspects of strategy, marketing, budgets, finances, standards and maintenance.
• Salary US$ 3000 Net
• Medical cover
• All Meals and living amenities
• Cost of Visas and Work Permits
• Annual Leave
To effectively manage the various properties ( in the absence of the regular GM) , staff and everyday Lodge operations, to achieve optimal guest and stakeholder satisfaction, ensure compliance, maximization of financial performance, and working environment in accordance with the standard operating procedures, policies and quality standards of the Lodge in General.
• Relief manager for all camps and lodges
• Interact directly with guests in difficult situations and support the lodge and camp management in dealing with difficult guest situations.
• Ensure adequate control systems are in place. Oversee regular stock takes and analyze the results. Implement systems if there are shortfalls.
• Support and mentor the lodge management team
• Conduct performance appraisals with the lodge management teams together with Assistant Operations Manager
• Review camp staff appraisals and assist with remedial programs if needed.
• Conduct quarterly internal quality assurance assessments and develop snag lists.
• Create and monitor maintenance preventative plans. Oversee snag list corrections.
• Planning and opening of camps and lodges.
• Must be happy to travel for work within Tanzania
• Have a strong 5 star general hospitality and operations background
Job Specific Requirements
• Critical success factors of the Safari Lodge Industry.
o Good organisational skills.
o Attention to detail.
o A willingness to get their hands “dirty”
o Ability to train and implement systems / SOPs.
o Experienced with Bush banqueting
o Experience with managing safari activities would be advantageous.
• In-depth knowledge of Rooms Division and Food & Beverage Departments.
• In-depth knowledge of Yield and Revenue Management.
• Understanding of Hospitality Industry Ratio’s.
• Working knowledge of Human Resource Policies and Practices.
• Working knowledge of legislation applicable to the Hospitality Industry.
• Understanding of Marketing, Sales and channel principles and processes.
• Working knowledge of financial and administrative Principles.
• Working knowledge of POS and PMS systems.
• Basic understanding of IT, AV & Telecommunications software & hardware systems.
• Knowledge of Diverse Cultures - Previous experience in East Africa would be an advantage.
Job Related Skills:
Problem Solving Skills
Training & Coaching Skills
Numerical & Verbal Reasoning Skills
Communication skills (Written & verbal)
People Management Skills
5-10 years practical operational experience of which a minimum of 5 years has been Senior Management Safari Lodge / Hotel / Resort experience.
• Matric or Similar (Essential).
• Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management or related field - Essential
• Must be entrepreneurial and a self-starter that thrives on achieving exceptional results.
• Must be independent in thinking.
• Ability to forecast market conditions and strategically develop a business plan accordingly.
• Must be detail -oriented and deliver outstanding customer service and maintain a pristine property.
• The ability to be a great leader and motivate a team
• A can-do, guest-pleasing attitude
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
NB : Please note that if you have not received notice of being a shortlisted candidate within 3 weeks of the advertisement date then please deem the application as unsuccessful.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
APPLY ONLINE VIA THIS LINK https://www.hoteljobs.co.za/job/282837?cat=99#application
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.