Regional Technical Advisor, Gender Equity in Programming
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Operationalize PATH’s cross-programmatic gender focal points collaboration structure in partnership with the Gender Program Quality Focal Point (i.e., structure, mission development and operationalization). This includes identifying and supporting gender focal points within programs who can share technical information with respective team members and each other, and foster cross-programmatic technical collaborations and learnings.
• Region Leads for Gender Equity in Programming will liaise with their respective Regional Hub Directors to provide updates on Gender Equity in Programming activities related to institutional capacity strengthening, specific project needs, business development positioning, partnership relationship, and other technical issues as needed.
• Region Leads will have a direct technical relationship with the Gender Program Quality Focal Point who will support planning and implementing PATH’s Gender Equity in Programming institutional structure.
• In addition to on-going coordination and communication relationships with the Gender Equity in Programming focal points, the Region Leads will regularly liaise with the Global DEI Director, LGBTI PRG, and Equity in Programming team. This relationship will include information-sharing at a minimum but will also likely involve seeking and providing strategic input into initiatives that are complementary across workstreams (e.g., internal learning exchanges, external communications, donor informational meetings on gender equity).
• an emphasis on gender, is required
Skills and competencies
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills; French and/or Portuguese language skills are highly desirable.
• Gender and Institutional Development - Knowledge of processes for gender integration/mainstreaming and institutional capacity development and the ability to apply this knowledge in strategic and/or practical situations.
• Gender Analysis - Knowledge of gender issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, including analysis of projects from a gender perspective.
• Technical input - ability to review technical documents and provide constructive comments.
• Knowledge Management - Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
• Collaboration & Partnerships - Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside (Programs/projects) or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support. Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of PATH.
• Management & Coordination - Ability to manage and coordinate campaigns and people with inspiration. Believe in and promote diversity in the workplace and reshaping the workforce to meet need.
• University degree (master's level preferred) in gender studies, or international development/public health with
• A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in gender integration in programs based in the public sector (national or multilateral), the non-governmental sector, academia and/or the private/corporate sector.
• Proven track record and technical/advisory experience in gender equality at regional, local/national level in the Africa or AMEE region, including the development of learning tools and technical guidance
• Excellent experience in engaging partners (e.g., public sector, implementing partners, communications partners) to advance gender equality work
• Substantive Networking - Ability to substantively engage and foster networks with academia, research institutions, and think tanks.
• Experience in program management and resource mobilization
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.presubmission
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.