Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
06 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional Internal Auditor reports to the Regional Audit Manager. The Regional Internal Auditor must prove high standards of professional and social ethics and must accept full responsibility as the in-charge experienced auditor for regional engagements of varying size and complexity to include, provides support for planning for the various phases of the field work, carrying the work as delegated by the Regional Audit Director or Regional Audit Manager, provide a summary of audit findings, criteria, risks and recommendations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Perform audit assignments from time to time as assigned by the RAM (planning to completion) in the Annual Audit Plan, support larger and complex engagements, potentially one or more assignments simultaneously. In particular:
• Actively engage with senior management staff within the National Offices in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit. Perform digital analytics, Collaboration, Tending as means to arrive at audit evidence to support audit findings and recommendations.
• Perform risk-based integrated audits (RBIAs) in accordance with stipulated auditing standards (IIA, WV GIA) as will be planned at the start of each FY and assigned by the RAM.
2. Conducting compliance reviews of organization records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirements.
3. Review follow up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan’’ to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
4. Ensure WV GIA quality standards are maintained, which includes but is not limited to:
• Providing on-the-job technical support during planning and field work with the team members, including on-site reviews as assigned at planning phase.
• Ensure all review notes are responded to by team members and compile quality draft audit findings/draft audit reports for RAM review by end of fieldwork phase.
5. Maintain Continuing Education (CPE) by attending online courses or professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 40 units per year.
6. Provide regular capacity building to Management Teams within NO Portfolios assigned, regarding RBIA and enterprise risk management during field work, and at designated training forums planned by Management.
7.Participate as an advisor of the NO Integrity and Protection Hotline (IPH) and Enterprise Risk Management committees in assigned country portfolio, as may be assigned by the RAM from time to time. Support and implement the Global Internal Audit (GIA) initiatives deemed to increase the internal audit team effectiveness and efficiency.
Required Professional Experience
Three (3) plus years of audit experience in public accounting or internal/external audit or WV experience in finance and/or grants. Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization will be an added advantage. Proven experience in Risk-Based Auditing. Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners. Cross cultural and multi faith experience. Proven experience in Risk-Based Auditing
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field. Professional audit certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA/CFE) finalized or in advanced stage of certification process. University degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance. CIA certification – finalized or in progress.
• Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills Strong project management skills Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus) Working knowledge in Audit software packages Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities. Working knowledge of WVI business and systems, including computerized accounting systems such as Sun System.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40 % of the time. This travel includes fragile context operational areas within the Region.
This role involves working in a virtual /geographically dispersed / multi-culturally team.
• English and French. Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience: Good English writing and communication skills.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.