QSST-EACOP- TAX MANAGER
Jobs at:Q-SOURCING TANZANIA LIMITED
Deadline of this Job:
24 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Full responsibility for managing the tax function and team of EACOP Ltd. (tax resident in Uganda), in liaison with the Tax advisor in Tanzania
• Ensure tax compliance, in Uganda, in Tanzania and in the UK, with the Agreed Fiscal Regime as per the Uganda and Tanzania Host Government Agreements (EACOP Acts) and the respective tax laws.
• Responsible for monthly VAT and WHT return filing, ensuring timely settlement of tax obligations, maintaining documentation, and reconciling to General Ledger.
• Responsible for preparing the annual income tax returns (Uganda, Tanzania, UK)
• Provide guidance and advice to C&P Contract Engineers and Buyers on tax impacts in contracts, both general and specific.
• Liaise closely with Government fiscal authorities especially Uganda Revenue Authority/Tanzania Revenue Authority on any issues affecting EACOP Ltd.
• Follow up legislation, analyze tax changes that may affect the business and their impact (researching, networking, analyzing, and communicating on significant changes).
• Coordinate tax audits by URA and TRA, interface between auditors and company personnel, and follow up on any disagreements.
• Participate in the Fiscal Management Committees between Uganda, Tanzania and EACOP Ltd representatives as provided in the Share Holding Agreement
• Supervise the Tax advisor in Dar-es-Salaam
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the business disciplines and law
• Accounting and/or tax professional qualifications
• Master’s degree is a definite plus.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in tax consulting and/or tax administration and/or tax compliance role in a multinational.
• Solid experience with the Tanzanian fiscal legislation
• Experience in Team management
• A sense of service/orientation to internal customers/clients.
• Good analytical mind, verbal & written communication, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to analyze and explain complex issues.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international environment.
• Rigor and attention to internal control.
• Proficiency in related IT tools.
• Fluency in Swahili is a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.