Project Finance Officer
Jobs at:the Women’s Promotion Centre (WPC)
Deadline of this Job:
11 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Conduct financial accounting, monitoring and reporting.
• Provide financial management and analysis for all aspects of the program.
• Manage and maintain office cash controls.
• Implement and keep records of financial transactions and data according to policies and procedures.
• Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Finance Manager on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
• Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and coded, and that all account books and petty cash are maintained correctly.
• Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
• Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments are made on a timely basis.
• Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with Plan International Rules and regulations and WPC policies and procedures
• Prepare financial reports including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis.
• Prepare for and collaborate with auditors to ensure successful audit.
• Support the development and updating of financial policies, procedures and standards, including keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices, and ensure that all staff are well informed in their use.
• Ensure that WPC is compliant with all legal requirements regarding taxation, returns, fees and other financial statutory requirements.
• Manage cash flow forecasts and monitor its liquidity.
• Manage any additional supplementary funding (cost-shared by partner)
• Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements.
• Advise program staff on financial health through provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
• Establish and maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and subcontracts with services providers
• Perform any other responsibilities as directed by the Finance Manager
Project Finance Officer Job Vacancy at the Women’s Promotion Centre (WPC)
Qualifications and experience
• At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field with at least three (3) years working experience in an NGO context
• Ability to work as part of a team and to foster team spirit.
• Evidence of strong budgeting, reporting, and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of local laws for effective compliance
• Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing is highly desirable.
• Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and most importantly QuickBooks
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly send a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae explaining why you are interested in the job, your skills and experience to email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning Finance Manager – your surname in the subject line of your email. Certificates are not needed at this stage.
This application will be closed on Sunday, September 11, 2022 midnight.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.