Vacancy title: Project Director[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:Tembo Nickel
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Project Director to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is based in Dar es salaam with frequent travel to site. The Project Director (PD) will be responsible for the direction and management of the overall project, the implementation, development and successful delivery. The PD will direct all project management and control functions and will ultimately be responsible for the overall development and delivery of the project. The successful candidate for this role will report to the Senior VP- Project Development
• Ensure the whole project team operates in safe environment.
• Develop and lead the set-up, planning, development, implementation, and execution of the project in terms of world's best practices.
• Direct and manage the project studies i.e., Conceptual, Scoping, Preliminary Economic Assessments (PEA), Pre-feasibility and Feasibility.
• Direct the project's technical disciplines across the life cycle and manage internal and external stakeholders to the successful delivery of the project.
• Lead potential due diligence processes on the project with financial institutions.
• Setup project team, complete with resources and structures that may include technical support, project controls, project management, external consultants, contractors etc.
• Direct, manage and coordinate the efforts of various project and control managers to ensure that the projects are developed and executed in accordance with respective budgets, timelines and quality.
• Ensure that the project contributes towards the social, economic, and institutional development of all stakeholders.
• Ensure stringent application to safety, health, environmental and quality policies avoid harm to people and the environment and ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
• Optimize project outcomes through rigorous contract management, claim management, risk and opportunity management.
• Direct and control the master baseline schedules for the development of the project.
• Manage the project budget and monitor actual spend and forecast to ensure the project does not exceed budget.
• Direct changes to the project that is ongoing if it appears that the project is not proceeding on schedule or on budget.
• Develop an alternate course of action for completing the project should the initial plan fail.
• Make presentations to potential investors, business partners and company executives concerning different phases and updates of the project.
• Optimize project economics by assessing different technical options, assessing capex and opex and project payback periods.
• Develop and implement capital projects risk management strategies.
• Foster a sense of team spirit within the projects department.
• Communicate well and relay information in a timely manner.
• Have good budgeting skills and be able to reduce costs without making adjustments that would affect quality.
• know what is required for a particular project to be completed, and have realistic expectations as far as meeting deadlines go.
• Have good leadership and management skills.
Experience and Qualifications
• The Project Director should be a Project Management Professional with a degree in either mining, metallurgical or mechanical engineering and have relevant project financial and economic experience.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email email@example.com
Application closing date is 10th August,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.