Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Budget Management and Monitoring.
• Monthly analysis and Monitoring of projects budgets to ensure proper charging of projects expenses and spending as per approved Project budget.
• Provide lead in budgetary control to ensure that activities are implemented within the approved budget and approved locations
• Lead in the preparation and revision of budgets and implement budgetary management strategies.
• Perform Monthly financial analysis and share with project management for decision-making.
• Provide guidance to the AP on the allocation of the costs and recognition in the SunSystem both for the project funding and matching funds.
• All project expenses are allowable, reasonable, and allocable
• No disallowed costs
• No overspending or underspending
• Budget revisions is done timely
• Accurate capturing of costs
• Timely and accurate decision-making by project management based on the financial report
• Conduct periodic project/partner visit for financial review and capacity building in finance management.
• Reviewing partners’ reports and posting them into the system on time.
• Build Partner's Capacity in Financial and fixed asset Management to ensure Grants Compliance.
• The capacity of the partners is built and they implement and comply with the grants compliance which leads to a consistent, effective, and efficient financial management system.
• Examine financial data for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and ensure financial integrity and build financial and resource management capacity.
• Provision of technical assistance and awareness to project staff on all financial related issues.
• Maintain the project assets and have an updated asset register as per the donor and WV regulations.
• Compliance with Donor and WV Guidelines
Establish internal controls using policy and guidelines and generally accepted accounting standards for the prevention of waste and fraud
• Zero tolerance to fraud is adhered to
Ensure that project procurements are done on timely basis and as per WV policies
• Procurement done on timely manner as per the procurement plan
Ensure that all project staff submit timesheets and Labour distribution reports as per the donor and WV guidelines.
• Salary Reconciliations done on monthly basis
Provide timely responses on project financial related matters
• Financial Issues are resolved on time
Facilitate annual project audits & monitor implementation of audit recommendations
• Successful audits and no disallowed costs
Provide supervision to the driver
• Logistics are well managed with the project
Knowledge/Qualifications for the Role
Required Professional Experience
• Minimum of three years in progressive working experience in donor funded environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants, contracts and partner management.
• Minimum one year of experience from an international NGO experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial, reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical, financial data into informative reports
• Reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical
• Financial data into informative reports.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
• Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance/Equivalent
• Professional qualification in accounting such as CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Experience in Managing Donor Funds
• Working knowledge of grants operations, finance services and practices
• Experience in managing partners
• Good planning, Analysing, coordinating and organizational skills
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
• Experience working with an international organization will be an added advantage
• Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems accounting software
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
• Must be able to work in Kasulu, Kigoma
• Fluent in both Swahili and English languages.
Key Working Relationships
KITIKI Project Manager
• Direct reporting.
• Financial technical support
Grants Finance Manager SO
• For technical support on grants compliance and donor regulations
Cluster Senior Finance Administration Officer
• This is a co-worker at the cluster level making it possible to coordinate the payment and financial issues
• All decisions will be endorsed by the KITIKI Project Manager
• Be Safe and Resilient
• Deliver Results
• Build Relationships
• Be Accountable
• Learn and Develop
• Improve and Innovate
• Partner and Collaborate
• Embrace Change
• Model Self-Management
• Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
• Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
• Develop the Organisation for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted:
• Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.