Programme P0licy Officer (Head of Liaison Officer)
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manage and lead WFP field operations within the area of assignment to ensure timely and effective deployment of food assistance programmes.
• Hold accountability for the deployment of CO initiatives, policies, and strategies.
• Effectively manage the Field Office to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
• Ensure efficient use of financial resources for achievement of set objectives.
• Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises, and assets in the Field Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed. Actively participate and contribute to the Area Security Management Team (ASMT).
• Collaborate with governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully deployed at the local level and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation, and implementation of food assistance programmes, including advice on the context-specific transfer modalities (food, cash, or vouchers).
• Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems and conduct timely monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Hold accountability and/or prepare accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Area/Country Office review to identify programme support requirements and inform operational planning and decisions.
• Forge and nurture external partnerships to improve assistance packages and support complementary strategies; identify potential areas for collaborative approaches and initiatives.
• Develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, donors, civil society, beneficiaries and other partners and media engaged in the field of food security.
• Engage with beneficiaries, inspect storage places and points where WFP commodities are received, in order to ensure compliance with WFP policies and that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives.
• Other as required.
Roles and experience:
• Has developed, or supported in the development of, multi-discipline work plans to support the achievement of WFP strategic aims within a defined area.
• Has gained experience in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency.
• Has field experience via field rotations or working in a sub-office, and through field postings.
• Gained experience of analyzing political situations, assessing risk accurately and supporting managers and leaders in decision making that is sensitive to this.
• Gained broader exposure across areas within a function (i.e., policy, programme etc.)
• Has gained experience managing mid-size financial budgets, balancing multiple priorities effectively.
• Has experience leading a mid-size to large team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
• Participated in a vendor/government/ partner negotiation in support of broad function or Country Office requirements.
• Participated in a moderately complex emergency operation/ development programme.
• Has experience with security co-ordination and compound management within a mid-size area
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.