Program Finance & Administration Officer
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Senior Finance and Administration Officer technically and APMF administratively this position is responsible for Disbursement and Financial Reporting at AP Level through accurate and timely processing of accounting information, minimize disbursements related risk, Fixed Assets Management and Administration, Support Coordination of Internal and External Audits, Management Reporting and Cash Flow Management within the AP.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
10% Manage AP Disbursements:
• Create invoices in Coupa for all vendor payments and submit to the SFCAO for payments
• Verify payment lists for all Mobile Money Payments before sharing with SFCAO for payments
• Process Staff Advances and business advances in a timely manner for cluster staff.
1.Timely payment of vendors and staff
2. Payment of genuine invoices and requests
10% Cash Management:
II. Preparation of consolidated monthly AP funding requests
III. Consolidate the AP funding requests on monthly basis
• Continuity of cluster interventions due to timely funding
• Timely payment of staff advances
10% Planning & Budgeting:
• Participate in preparation of Annual Budgets for the AP while working with technical leads
• Support in coding for the AP Budget
• Timely submission of quality reports
• Correct charging of transactions
10% Assets Management: -
I. Prepare and Update AP asset register
II. Share list of items for disposals for the AP office
III. Perform semi-annual asset verification for the AP office
IV. Maintain updated record for stores at AP office
• Well maintained cluster assets
10% Fleet Management;
I. Custodian of Fuel Cards and Fuel Coupons at AP level
II. Oversees preparation of fleet management reports for the AP
III. Reviews log book for the AP driver before approval by the APMF
IV. Oversees repair and maintenance of MVs and MCs for the AP
V. Oversee fuel usage and maintenances of generator for the AP
1. Timely submission of fleet reports
2. Proper fuel consumption for vehicles, generators and motorcycles
3. Timely maintenance of vehicles. Motorcycles and generators
5% Administration support;
I. Oversee office repairs and maintenance at AP level
II. Support procurement of office stationary and consumables
III. Ensure utility invoices are processed in time
• Well maintained of office structures
• Sufficient supply of office stationaries and consumables
10% Capacity Building and Assessment;
• Carry out financial capacity assessments at AP level for partners
• Build capacity of local partners and review and verify partner expenditures and submit expenses to cluster for payment
• Build Financial capacity of AP staff
• Engagement of suitable partners
• Compliant local partners
10% Financial Reporting and Accountability:
• Preparation of the Financial Reports and ensure timely submission of all the Financial Reports at AP level. PVs, JVs, DVs Etc
• Ensure the LDR Policy is complied with for all AP staff and submit encoding for those with no rights.
• Perform timely balance sheet items such as staff advances, retention etc
• Conduct FFR meetings for AP
• Compliant AP in terms of quality reports submission, LDR submission and FFR monthly meetings
• Facilitate all audits in Aps, both internal and external.
• Implement Audit Recommendations for the AP
• Collaborative office in audit processes
5% Financial Reviews and Field Visits
• 1-Perform Field Visits and ensure that ongoing activities such as constructions, seminars and items delivered in the communities are used for the intended objectives before payment at AP level
• Identify areas of weakness and report to the Cluster Management for fixing
• Well monitored project interventions
• Raise PRs for admin related activities and follow up with NO procurement department for purchased items at AP level
• Support procurement of office stationary and consumables for the AP 1. Timely procurement of supplies
Any other duty to be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Knowledge/Qualifications for the Role Required Professional Experience
• Experience: Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in Finance or Accounting, management of donor funded projects preferably with NGOs.
• ACCA or CPA – Qualification is will provide added advantage
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training: -
• Minimum Qualification required: Advances Diploma in Accounting. A Bachelor Degree in Accountancy will be an added Advantage;
• Technical Skills & Abilities:
• Excellence in Sun-systems software is highly recommendable.
• Excellent in other computer skills in Excel, Power-point, Word is an added advantage.
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Tactic and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related issues to work environment needs
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
• Work environment: Field work
• Travel: 20% Domestic travel is required.
• On call: 10%
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.