Jobs at:The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. .
• To coordinate provision of support in ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority.
• To coordinate monitoring of financial expenditure as per approved budget, procedures and policies.
• To coordinate provision of support in overseeing establishment and application of systems and procedures for finance.
• To participate in overseeing application of systems and procedures for finance.
• To collaborate in ensuring that all approved and normal operations pertaining to finance are carried out on time and according to approved budget.
• To collaborate in overseeing prudent management of the Authority's resources, including keeping records on their utilization.
• To oversee the supplies of goods across the Authority.
• To coordinate preparation of time-based reports on financial performance.
• To coordinate preparation of operating and capital expenditure budgets.
• To collaborate in preparing annual financial statements and provide required support to external auditors.
• To collaborate in controlling, applying and monitoring routine finance functions.
• To maintain the assets register of the Authority.
• To collaborate in monitoring and controlling all payable accounts.
• To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting on the job.
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Avery high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
• Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
• Ability to work in a dynamic team;
• Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines,
• Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
• University Degree Advanced diploma majoring in accounting or finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
• Master's Degree majoring in accounting or finance or business administration. Certified Public Accountant, CPA T) or ACCA is a must.
• Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of 'Associate' or 'Fellow'.
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
• A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
• Possession of Not less than six (6) years working experience in relevant fields.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th April, 2021, Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West, PO Box 2857, DODOMA
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.