Operations Manager – Tanzania
Jobs at:FutureSense Foundation (FSF)
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Strategically plan and oversee the delivery, monitoring & evaluation, and development of all programmes in the hub.
• Identify areas of need and opportunities for growth through research, needs assessments, and partner evaluations.
• Uphold minimum programme delivery standards to ensure sustainable programme delivery, ethical practices, maximum impact and alignment with then UN Sustainable Development Goals.
• Uphold the partner engagement strategy to develop effective working relationships with local communities and partners to ensure community needs are being met and our programme outputs are effective.
• Ensuring appropriate training, mentoring and support for the in-country team, volunteers and partners to ensure high quality programme delivery.
• Strategically oversee the planning and implementation of project logistics to ensure high quality programme delivery and a positive project participant experience to grow our supporter base.
• Create, manage and report on all hub operational and project budgets
• Effectively manage and support your diverse in-country team to achieve operational targets
• Ensure the safety and security of the team, project participants and beneficiaries in line with our safeguarding policies
• Represent FutureSense Foundation locally and globally by sharing our work and upholding our organizational standards and values
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
• Master’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience
• Experience working with international volunteers and/or youth
• Experience living and working abroad and/or with people from different cultures
• Experience in leading and motivating a team (staff and/or volunteers)
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Basic knowledge and understanding of budget forecasting & reporting
• Basic knowledge and understanding of risk management & safeguarding
Required Skills & Competences
• Good strategic planning skills
• Strong communication and public speaking skills
• Strong networking and relationship management skills
• Strong customer service skills and ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenges
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation
• Good understanding of ethical practices in community development
Your Attitudes of Success
• A passion for community development, skills development and achieving results
• Willingness to participate in the actual programme delivery of the hub and ability to uphold FSF’s minimum standards on programme delivery
• Comfortable working in a flexible environment and prepared to go above and beyond and work long hours when needed
• Fluent or working knowledge of Swahili (written and spoken)
• First Aid qualification and certificate
• Experience in delivering educational workshops for children youth and/or adults
Please note that all new management positions are subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Start date: End 2022
We are passionate about making a difference to individuals and communities we serve, always acting with integrity, empathy and energy to develop innovative solutions to meet their aspirations.
Salary: 800,000-1,000,000 TZS per month
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.