Nurse Midwife (14)
Jobs at:Medical Teams International Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
29 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Provide comprehensive maternal and child services to mothers during and after pregnancy,
including managing complications and referring high risk pregnancies.
• Responsible for delivering babies, preparing birth attestation and monitoring the general health
condition of the mother and the new-born.
• Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for
medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
• Provide counselling to mothers on pregnancy and post-pregnancy management, including proper
breastfeeding techniques, bathing and preparation of bottles.
• Participate in PHC activities including health education, family planning, preparing for childbirth,
HCT services and nutrition programs, as well as PMTCT activities at the health facility and within
• Provide primary care to women of reproductive age in accordance with the Basic Package of
• Provide all non-surgical methods of family planning and provide counselling for surgical methods.
• Skilled in applying professional midwifery care principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A good command of both written and spoken English.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of
• Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice.
• Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient
• Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
• Ability to be flexible and manage stress.
• Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
Education, licenses, & certifications
• Diploma or bachelor's degree in Nursing/midwifery from an accredited School of Nursing and
Midwifery is required.
• Valid practising license is required
• 2 years of nursing/midwifery experience is required.
• Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
• Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line" Medical Officer:".
• Application Deadline: 29th of June 2022 at 1700HRS.:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.