Jobs at:Elewana Collection of Lodges, Camps & Hotels
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Areas of Responsibilities:
Administrative and Night auditor Function:
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly front office reports accurately.
• Strictly follow the company’s property’s financial procedures.
• Follow up on outstanding reservations and billing issues.
• All correspondence to be correctly dealt with and no official communication made without approval from Management.
• Receive information correctly , convey immediately to the appropriate person or department. Follow up effectively and filing of information. Maintain, update and communicate handover to all departments and management throughout the day.
• Provide front desk or reception services, such as checking in and checking out guests, making reservations, and responding to guest requests or complaints.
• Summarize and reconcile financial activity for the day including cash and credit transactions.
• Check financial records for accuracy.
General Service and Guest Care
• Drive the defined Elewana Guest Experience through attentive, intuitive, seamless and invisible service according to the property and company service standards set. Ensure all employees of the department are following this philosophy.
• Follow all guest service procedures as outlined in the training manual (eg. arrival, departure, group check in , wake up calls, welcome letters, collection of guest feedback cards.)
• Meet, greet, entertain and actively serve all guests when they are entering the Reception area.
• Collect all the information available on guests prior to arrival.
• Collect guest information while entertaining and serving guests, inform the supervisor / Head of Department and management to record and act on guest preferences.
• File. maintain and manage guest history.
• Report all guest complaints are reported to your Supervisor / Head of Department and Management immediately.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform Housekeeping procedures.
• Know room rates, opening times, offering and prices for all outlets of the property (eg, restaurant , bar, gifts shops etc.).
• Know excursions and activities ( What do we have on offer, details, prices) for all properties to be able to explain and sell them to guests.
• To strictly adhere to billing procedures and vouched information.
• Accuracy of FO reports.
• Assume responsibility for department keys, cost,losses and discrepancies.
• Provide an accurate financial report to the General Manager first thing in the morning daily.
• To Produce a consistent, high quality product, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the hotel’s policies & procedures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
• To have a full working knowledge and capability to perform all duties and tasks in the assigned place of work to the standard of performance set. Note that standards are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
• Perform other tasks and assist in other departments whenever reasonable and deemed necessary by Management.
• To demonstrate flexibility and adaptability towards changing working hours and shifts according to the requirements of a 24 hour operation.
• To respond to changes in your job function as dictated by the industry, company or the hotel.
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
Your many talents will include:
• A love of computation numbers
• Basic Knowledge of Accounting principles
• Understanding of Resrequest (MICROS preferred)
• Proficient in Google use ( Gmail, Drive, Word and Excel)
• Balancing your life to manage sleep and play time
• Common sense approach.
• Diploma in Hospitality with Accounting background
• Proficiency in Computer Applications and other necessary computer programs
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Fluency in English
• Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude even under pressure
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Professional attitude and appearance
• 2 year + in Hospitality industry especially in Front Office or Hotel Management
Equal Employment Opportunity:
• Elewana Afrika Ltd provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regards to race, color, religion, gender, tribe, age, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or marital status.
• We offer attractive remuneration, benefits and career progression appropriate to your skills, qualifications and experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
Receptionist in the email header no later than 26th September 2022 with a detailed CV &
covering letter, demonstrating how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for
Confidentiality assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.