Vacancy title: Manager of Finance & Administration[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Hannah Bennie schools Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, tax compliance, investments, insurance, talent management and audit functions of the organization. The position ensures that there are effective financial and accounting system controls and standards in place and is also responsible for managing the administrative, talent management and information technology systems of the organization.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Financial Management – Responsible for all systems and procedures for the collection of revenue, payment of bills and purchasing to ensure the integrity of financial information including:
• Verifying and posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records, and preparing supporting account reconciliations.
• Clearly preparing, analyzing and communicate monthly and annual financial statements and reports for all stakeholders.
• Coordinating and leading the annual audit process including liaising with external auditors and the Board of Directors.
• Overseeing and leading the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
• Administering and reviewing all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keeping the Senior Leadership Team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Managing organizational cash flow and forecasting and oversite of all bank accounts and investment vehicles to maintain adequate working capital and return.
• Implementing a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system.
• Prepare and input payroll including the distribution and reporting processes for payroll; the calculation of wages, overtime and deductions; and the maintenance of on-site employee records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
• Overseeing the contract billing and collection schedule.
• Ensuring compliance statutory bodies, municipal, local government and any other financial, tax reporting and regulatory requirements.
• Updating, documenting and implementing all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve the finance department’s efficiency and financial controls.
• Providing financial information to meet the needs of managers including producing customized financial reports, costing templates, trend analysis on an as needed, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Preparing the Annual Report and Treasurer’s narrative for Board meetings and the Outlook mailing.
• Preparing, communicating and presenting critical financial matters to the Board of Directors.
Talent Management – Responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the organization’s talent management function including:
• Developing and implementing strategies and enforcing department accountabilities around recruitment and staffing, employment processing, compensation, health benefits, training and development, records management, employee relations and retention and labor relations.
• Supporting management and employees by providing talent management advice, counseling and decisions.
• Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensuring compliance with country legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
• Supporting staffing by managing the document flow for hires, terminations, leaves, salary changes, special payments and ensuring that new hires have adequate workspace and office equipment.
Technology – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all IT functions including:
• Analyzing organizational needs and recommending technical solutions.
• Directing operations in executing HBS’s technology policies and strategic plan.
• Maintaining and enforcing procedures around technology and telecommunication.
• Liaising between HBS and outside IT consultants in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
Properties & premises – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all properties and premises functions including:
• Facilities management
Transport & logistics – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all transportation and logistics functions including:
• School buses
• Day to day transport and logistics
Customer experience – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all customer experience functions including:
• Admin office
Performing other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & PREFERENCES
• Advanced Diploma /Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• Accountancy or financial management qualification (ACCA or CPA) is desirable
• A minimum of 4 years in financial administration with progressive growth in responsibility.
• A very high level of proficiency with Excel and financial software program mmes
• Prior responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
• Experience working with accounting and bookkeeping cloud based systems.
• Prior experience supervising, coaching and mentoring a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to translate financial concepts to and effectively collaborate with programmatic and colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• A successful track record in setting priorities and a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats.
• Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
• Able to work extended hours, some weekends, and travel as needed.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example and dedication to the mission of the HBS.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
• Attention to detail
• Passionate about education
• Flexibility to meet the demands and time-commitments of a middle leadership post
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please email a resume/CV, cover letter explaining how you meet the requirement for this role and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 15th October 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please consider applying early to ensure your application is reviewed.
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Note: PHONE CALLS RELATED TO JOB ENQUIRIES ARE NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ENQUIRIES RELATED TO JOB VACANCIES, PLEASE SEND TO THE HR EMAIL (email@example.com)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.