Jobs at:Expert Consultancy Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are seeking a highly capable management accountant to optimize our financial management policies. Qualified candidate will be performing financial analysis, preparing financial forecasts, and advising senior management on strategic planning.
To ensure success as a management accountant, candidate should exhibit extensive knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting and experience in a similar environment. An outstanding management accountant will be someone whose financial accounting and business management expertise translates into sustained business growth.
The role of Management Accountant is to provide relevant, professional input into the roles and functions above to ensure the Finance achieves its objectives. The specific role of Management Accountant will ensure that the management and financial reporting functions of company are effective, accurate and appropriate while ensuring the delivery of information on a timely basis to ensure that the finance team achieves its objectives. Expectations will be regularly discussed with qualified candidate once hired, will be fair and reasonable and within the broad requirements outlined above.
Applications are invited from interested qualified persons to fill in the above position which reports to the CEO/MD for the role based in Arusha Head Office.
GROUP AND TEAM GOALS:
The Accounting & Finance team is responsible for the financial functions of the company. This includes preparation of annual reports, budgets, annual and long-term planning, rates, debtors and creditors services, payroll, insurance, investments and the internal job costing aspects of Council’s operations.
THE FINANCE TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Timely preparation of annual reports and budgets.
• Provision of significant and timely input into annual plan and long-term plan preparation and development.
• An effective, appropriate, and efficient rates section.
• Provision of accurate financial information as required.
• Presenting various financial reports to Council as and when required.
• Delivering an effective and efficient debtors and creditor’s service.
• Providing an effective and efficient payroll service.
• Oversees Council’s insurance and investment requirements
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITES
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
• Partner with budget holders, providing advice, support and monitoring across the company.
• Train budget holders in financial literacy principals when required.
• Provide accurate and timely financial management reporting.
• Prepare and review management reports and analysis of key trends.
• Analyse financial information, provide financial support to Section and Group Managers in preparation of internal and external reporting requirements.
• Provide financial and accounting support ensuring financial data integrity for Annual Plan reporting process.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Group Accountant with the preparation and the Annual Financial Report.
• Regularly provide budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, variance analyses, and internal consultative services to internal stakeholders / clients.
• Provide month end management reports.
• Create a positive and engaging work environment for all internal and external partners and stakeholders demonstrating professional courtesy.
• Timely assistance of the preparation of any working papers or balance sheet reconciliations for annual audit as required
• Provide financial support and back up to the other accountants as and when required.
• Develop and maintain effective client and business relationships.
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
Fostering good working relationships is fundamental to the successful achievement of strategic goals for Client Company. We know we can’t achieve change without the people (our community) outside our business. As expressed under our purpose statement, “working with our client community” is at the heart of everything we do. This is particularly relevant to our relations with local community in terms of co-governance and co-management. Successful relationships involve building trust. Which in turn enables us to support each other to respond to new challenges as they arise.
• Professional attitude is projected at all times in dealing with external contacts.
• Information is accurate and is provided in a timely manner.
• Outcomes that are fair and clearly understood by both parties are achieved
• Customers are satisfied with responses to written or verbal requests for information.
• All company staff are expected to actively and enthusiastically promote the concept of continuous improvement in their work for the company. This means:
• Maintaining a positive overall attitude in the workplace, including promoting COMPANY in a positive manner, as assessed by your peers and Manager
• Taking part in training opportunities provided by Company with an open mind, as assessed by pre and post training meetings with your Manager.
• Practicing the skills provided in training offered by Company, as assessed by regular feedback meetings with your Manager.
• Showing a strong team commitment, as indicated by peer feedback and your Manager’s assessment.
• Practicing the concept of continuous improvement by showing initiative with new ideas and positively acknowledging other ideas.
• Giving honest and open feedback as and when required, aiming to constructively deal with all issues, as assessed by regular feedback meetings with your Manager.
• Deliver on project outcomes: on time and on budget.
• Displaying sound judgment and making responsible decisions.
• Minimum academic qualifications required
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in Accounting.
• Chartered Accountant qualification is preferred.
• Valid driver’s licence required
• Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
• Previous system implementation experience is advantageous.
• Previous experience and involvement with projects is advantageous.
• An in-depth understanding of accounting best practice.
• The following indicates what would typically be expected for this role at a competent level:
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and other database and information management systems Analytical skills.
• A broad understanding of accounting systems.
• Knowledge of financial reporting systems and requirements.
• Communicating effectively to convey and interpret data/information.
• Collaborative work practices to build strong working relationships.
• Problem solving working knowledge
• Good communication skills.
• Strong report writing.
• Ability to build relationships and deal with ambiguity.
• Ability to communicate Accounting and financial information to a wide audience.
• Sound judgement and initiative
• Ability to effectively gather multiple sources of information and apply technical and analytical skills to make effective decisions.
• Ability to effectively plan, organise and co-ordinate work to ensure that goals are achieved with the highest quality of work possible within agreed timeframes.
• Ability to clarify objectives, identify key issues, consider all perspectives and evaluate.
• Ability to cope with a variety of work and on occasion difficult situations.
• A high level of courtesy and listening skills.
Community, cultural and political awareness.
We encourage Expatriate to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be based in Arusha town
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are invited to share Cover letter, CV and Academic Certificates not later than 30th April, 2023 to email@example.com.
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT READY “APPLICATION FOR CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER”. Email with no above Subject will not be considered.
Please note ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.