Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, May 14 2023
Date Posted: Monday, May 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 25 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC Resettlement, Asylum and Integration (RAI) department creates opportunities for refugees and other vulnerable migrants to survive and thrive in the United States and in Europe, providing services to thousands of refugees, asylum seekers, and victims of human trafficking.
Job Overview/Summary: This position is responsible for leading all MEAL related assignments and management of the IRC programs. The position supports the development and implementation of the programs Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) strategy to ensure quality, timely, accurate and utility information in support of implementation of the program sector activities. This position will participate in proposal development and ensure project log frames are well designed in line with the IRC Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF)/Core Indicator List, project designs aligned to IRC MEAL guidelines and standards, data are properly collected and collated using the designated IRC data collection and management systems and ensure data protection protocols are respected. This position will be reporting to the MEAL Coordinator.
This position will be supervising MEAL officers. Additionally, the MEAL Manager will build the capacity of MEAL Officers, MEAL Intern, and Program staff. S/he will support internal program planning and review processes to assess the success of interventions, identify areas for improvement and document lessons learnt and good practices.
In collaboration with the Technical Coordinator, s/he will support the preparation of internal and donor project reports and will be directly responsible for reporting on progress against indicators and quality assurance. S/he will be self-sufficient and undertake all administrative, logistical and management work as may be needed for the delivery of the MEAL related tasks.
This post holder will facilitate collaboration and working closely with other MEAL staff and program staff within IRC and externally with our partners/consortia in creating and maintaining a robust MEAL system of the Tanzania country programs
• Data Management and Quality Assurance.
• Review existing M&E tools, systems and approaches and design various data collection tools, lead data collection processes and ensure high quality data is collected.
• Coordinate and Supervise MEAL Officers in ensuring quality data entered into designated databases.
• Perform Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and ensure that programs generate quality data through monitoring visits, spot checks and regular data verifications.
• Build capacity of program and MEAL staff in understanding indicators, provide on job support and mentoring, and design trainings on data quality, management and analysis based on staff and MEAL training needs and conduct follow up of each training.
• Produce monthly and quarterly dashboard/summary reports on the reach versus targets as outlined in the project log frames.
• Update on archiving projects MEAL key documents, guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations in shared drive or box.
• Ensure effective storage of assessments, surveys, and evaluations and/or organizational knowledge in shared folders or box, and to use this knowledge base to promote learning across the organization.
Program designing, Reporting and Compliance:
• Ensure programs aligned to the IRC MEAL guidelines and standards through having quality M&E plan, and M&E work plan
• Follow and monitor the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor indicator data.
• Prepare high quality, analytical reports and support program activity reporting and synthesize across sites on monthly, bi-annual, and annual basis in accordance with expected results.
• Ensure client feedback are regularly captured through feedback logbook and updated in feedback registry.
• Work closely with MEAL Coordinator in strengthening the IRC Tanzania country program MEAL system and roll out comprehensive M&E plans with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, the log frame, and performance indicators.
• Program Review, Learning and Evaluations
• Organize and participate in monthly program review meetings.
• Document, disseminate and apply good practices and lessons learnt in the program review meetings.
• Participate in designing and implementation of the different internal surveys, research, and evaluations.
Staff Management and Capacity Building in M&E:
• Provide ongoing support, mentorship, and coaching to M&E Officers, and Interns.
• Provide orientation and build capacity on IRC M&E processes, data collection and updates to M&E staff and Program Staff.
• Performance review and management to M&E Officers and interns.
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
• Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
• Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• A combination of standard office environment and field work.
• May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management or related fields
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation related assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others in multi-cultural contexts.
• Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
• Proven Technical skills in data quality audit.
• Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring.
• Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills;
• Excellent database, data management and data analysis skills, with experience using at least 2 software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, STATA.
• Demonstrated experience in using data visualization software (Power bi, Tableau, etc….)
• Previous experience with electronic/mobile data collection (Kobo, ODK, CommCare)
• Demonstrated experience working with multiple partners and stakeholders.
• Ability to provide technical support and feedback with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and representation skills.
• Excellent English speaking/writing skills required.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
• Support and respond to the program’s data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making.
• Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands.
• Pay attention to details and set priorities.
• Summarize, present, and communicate key findings and information for management decision making.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly learning agile: capable of adapting quickly to change and apply new information and skills to work duties.
• Self-motivated to plan, prioritize and problem solve independently.
• Facilitation, Change Management and/or Project Management experience a plus.
• Experience successfully working in a multicultural environment.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Warning: Please be warned of various scams, being circulated via e-mails, from Internet websites, and via regular mail or fax, falsely being issued by or associated with the IRC. Beware that The IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked for any payment, please contact TZ-Recruitement@Rescue.Org
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.