Jobs at:CMS (Tanzania) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Liaising with Finance Department on duty and taxes to be paid timely for imports to avoid storage
• Tracking shipments, updating our database on arrival information, and ensuring correct shipping documentation is in place in advance.
• Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
• Application of IDFs (Import Declaration Form)
• Advice the management on the correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
• Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties
• Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignment
• Ensure correct use of Tanzania Revenue Authority Tariffs
• Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
• Establish and maintain a working relationship with the CFA and customs officers
• Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope
• Assist the Regional Logistics Coordinator on day to day logistics activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Clearing and Forwarding or Administration, Procurement and logistics, or a related field may be required.
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
• Superb written and verbal communication and negotiation skills and Fluent in English and Kiswahili
• The ability to identify market trends and make decisions in a high-stress environment.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Imports, border clearing, and transit goods.
• Comprehensive HS code knowledge and a high degree of accuracy in identifying and the correct ones.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
• Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
• Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
• Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports and exports
• Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to email@example.com
CMS(Tanzania) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 7 December 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.