Jobs at:Alliance of Bioversity International/CIAT
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Receive, label, and analyze samples (plants, seeds, and plant tissues etc.)
• Assist in process samples for laboratory tests/procedures according to standard operating procedures, checks for proper samples identification.
• Perform special processing procedure to specimens including DNA extractions.
• Support in recording all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
• Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
• Assist in preparing solutions, reagents, equipment, apparatus, accessories and other supplies needed at the laboratory.
• Monitor reagents for expiration dates, preparation dates, inventory, and prepare as needed.
• Clean, sterilize, calibrate, and maintain equipment and apparatus used in all tests and analysis.
• Perform quality control and quality assurance tests and maintain quality control procedures in the laboratory.
• Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
• Support in providing laboratory training to other personnel on proper laboratory methods, procedures, and techniques.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
• The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills and experience:
• BSc degree or higher diploma level in laboratory technology, biology, chemistry, biotechnology or relevant fields.
• Proven experience working as a molecular laboratory technician or relevant position for at least one year.
• Experience in applying modern laboratory procedures, methods and computer linked equipment.
• Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
• In depth knowledge of preventative measures and laboratory best practices
• Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
• Excellent interpersonal with advanced written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili language.
• Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and standards of ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism.
• Professional integrity and a high performing team player who can work autonomously, remains accountable and contributes to a positive and cohesive team environment.
• Commitment to Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT’s mission and core values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.