Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To carry out internal audit and investigations into accounting procedures, systems property, assets records in order to detect any fraud for timely corrective action to safeguard authority’s funds and assets.
• Examines accounting systems and procedures for the Region through physical checks and reconciliations of books of accounts to detect any frauds and determine adequacy of procedures and systems in practice. Recommends appropriate measures to improve and strengthen certain operations.
• Prepares and executes audit programs in order to verify physical records of assets/property with records and to ensure that registers are maintained following new acquisitions of property and disposal of old ones.
• Reconciles various books of accounts and source documents such as Ledgers, cashbooks, trial balance sheets, bank reconciliation statements, creditors/debtors accounts, payment vouchers, receipts etc.
• Checks and verifies periodically, advance ledger accounts, payroll accounts to ensure there is no any dormant advances and determine genuineness of payments to employees.
• Supervises the work of audit accountants through the provision of requisite guidance/direction and verifying all work performed by same.
• Compiles and submits monthly adhoc and annual audit reports on the operations of corporation for management use in decision-making.
• Proficiency in Pastel Accounting Package, Macro Payroll and Microsoft office applications;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Computer literacy
• Oral and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to scrutinize documents and be able to understand them
• High level of alertness is required
Qualification And Experience
• Form IV/VI Secondary School Certificate
• Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or Degree in Accountancy
• Four(4)years, two of which should be at assistant Accountant as relevant experience.
• Not more than A5 years of age
• Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or related field, will be an added advantage;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and address of three traceable referees.
• Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to. Please note that no faxed or electronic applications will be accepted.
• The Regional General Manager
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority
P.O. Box 40160
DAR ES SALAAM
• Closing date for receiving application letters is 12th December 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.