Intern : Finance and Administration
Jobs at:Children in Crossfire
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide financial administration support including responsibility for petty cash management, reporting, and reconciliation.
To provide Human Resources Administration support including reviewing, updating, and ongoing maintenance of staff Human Resources files.
To provide support in establishing, updating, and ongoing maintenance of physical and virtual office filling systems.
To provide support in the management of the front desk and general administration of the Country
Finances Administration support (40%)
• Support administrative responsibility for Petty Cash management, reconciliation and reporting.
• Support administrative responsibility for accurately preparing payment vouchers with adequate supporting documentation, and ensuring its correct filling.
• Support the presenting of timely monthly returns of payroll statutory deductions to the respective authorities and filing of returns.
• Support the management of floats, preparing reconciliations and following up on outstanding retirements.
• Provide administrative support during meetings, trainings, and coordinate flight bookings.
• Generally provide additional financial administration support as guided by Tanzania Finances and Administration Manager.
Human Resources Administration support (15%)
• Provide HR Administration support including reviewing, updating, and ongoing maintenance of staff HR files.
• Support coordinating the Leave and Time off in Lieu (TOIL) processes including requisitioning, approval, and filing paperwork, as well as a shared calendar for coordinating staff movements.
Record Management (20%):
• Support reviewing the physical filing system in the office, ensuring clear organisation and that all files are reviewed and maintained.
• Provide administrative support in migrating online office management suite from various sources including Dropbox and One Drive.
Office Administration support (15%):
• To liaise with Office Assistant/Driver to ensure the office environment is adequately cared for and functioning (i.e. office supplies, office cleanliness, basic office administration).
• To support management of the front desk including receiving guests and phone calls.
• Arrange CICTZ files in the store to ease retrieving of docs.
• To ensure that office noticeboards are well maintained.
• Diploma or degree in one of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant subjects is required.
• Volunteer experience in an NGO setting is preferred, although not required.
• Understanding and experience in providing general finances and administrative support.
• Proven skills in MS Office particularly MS Excel and MS Word.
• Good communication skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken Swahili and English.
• Understanding of key principles of safeguarding and child protection.
• Ability to work to deadlines, prioritize and take initiative
• Committed to the aims and values of Children in Crossfire, and working as part of the team.
• Commitment to confidentiality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply:
Application form for this position can be downloaded from: http://www.childrenincrossfire.org/ or this link.
All applicants are required to complete a Children in Crossfire Application Form and email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Curriculum vitae (CV) and Cover letter are not required.
Closing date for application: Thursday, 10th November 2022. Only those candidates selected for
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.