Indirect Tax Specialist
Jobs at:Connect Space
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Indirect Tax Specialist
Indirect Tax Specialist is responsible for the indirect tax compliance for the African countries that is to help design and implement tax policies and strategies and evaluate managerial processes to ensure compliance with relevant statutes and regulatory codes. The position also requires tax planning and reporting, including the filing of federal corporate returns.
While the role primarily consists in the preparation of the indirect tax returns, it also requires working closely and supporting the other members of Tax Department and the other functions in a drilling service company.
• University Degree in Tax accounting, or related field.
• At least 3 years of professional experience with a large accounting firm or equivalent tax department with knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of indirect taxation.
• Experience working in a regional role, with exposure to different African countries.
• Must be able to follow established procedures while performing assigned tasks.
• Must demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to effectively prioritize and complete multiple assignments/projects within established deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and organized.
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to develop and maintain a relationship network within the Company and externally (clients, administrations…).
• Must be fluent in English, French as a plus.
• Experience in a drilling services industry and or mining is a BIG PLUS
• Oracle knowledge as a plus.
• Indirect Tax (ITX) returns management, including tax returns country specific such as CSS return for Gabon or Service Levy Council in Tanzania
• ITX returns preparation
• ITX returns filing
• ITX returns payment follow up
• ITX refund requests filing and follow up
• Indirect Tax internal controls performance
• Performance of internal controls as indicated in the control’s narratives
• Ensuring the proper controls performance when these ones are performed by other functions (Finance, Supply Chain…)
• Ad Hoc ITX tasks
o Tax accounting entries coordination with Finance team
o Support to other functions (Finance, Legal, Supply Chain…)
o Ad Hoc support to Direct Tax Manager – Africa
o Tax audits
o Social Security audits
o CIT returns preparation
o Transfer Pricing returns preparation
o Relationships with Tax Administrations
o Periodical visits at the tax administrations premises
o Follow up by phone / email
o Company’s account statement at TAs – Reconciliation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.