IPD Grants Accountant
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• check the status of payment vouchers submitted to national office and provide feedback to
• senders (projects officers & accountants) to ensure timely submission to national office and
• quality standards as required by the donor;
• prepare monthly report to the head of finance for updates on financial management of the
• ensure that payments are done according to finance procedures in place and the supporting
• documentation is complete.
• cross check / make banks reconciliations on a monthly basis for all projects bank accounts.
• work with the program team and update them of any outstanding issue regarding donor
• compliance which requires a management decision.
• coordinate ipd project reports preparation on sharepoint (voucher lists, vouchers scans uploading, cash-flow forecasts preparation to ensure the donor satisfaction is adhered to, through a timely response to related querries.
• prepare ipd project request for transfers according to the budget approved:
• make a follow up of incoming transfers and ensure the donor has received funds transfers
• acknowledgements in due time;
• ensure the projects funds received are changed according to the exchange rate agreed with the
• bankers ;
• make a follow up of foreign currrency bank accounts to ensure funds received all changed in local
• currency on time.
• ensure effective communication with the donors, through the head of finance, on funds
• disbursment and provide timely updates whenever required.
• ensure that ipd projects funds transfers are prepared and submitted in due time to ensure a
• smooth running of projects activities.
• cross check data entered by location accountants in navision system and ensure all expenses are
• booked on appropriate accounting codes;
• link restricted funds with appropriate reason codes each month and ensure expenses incured are
• deducted from vendor card of funds received.
• prepare the projects ageing balance monthly and share it with concerned co workers to ensure
• follow up and clearance on time;
• supporting accountants in projects budgets follow up and a proper booking of expenses.
• ensure projects data entries in navision are done appropriately and matches with related entries
• on sharepoint (for bmz projects);
• providing trial balances of projects expenses each month and discuss with budgets holders on
• booking and spending targets ;
Update the financial reports of bmz projects on a monthly basis : voucher lists, cash-flow
• forecast, vouchers scans uploading, etc and ensure they meet the donor's requirements
• support projects coordinators/officers in preparation of quartely reports, to ensure the financial
• information reported is true.
• support the projects officers/coordinators in budgeting and filling in related forms;
• fill in funds requests for ipd projects, following up incoming transfers and aknowledging their
• receipt in due time;
• support new co workers to be familiar with donor reporting tools on sharepoint for ease of
• reporting and use of self-service option in daily assignent.
• ensure a timely photocoping and delivery of ipd projects proof of payment to donors whenever
• ensure completeness of payment vouchers are submitted abroad and keeping copies at national
• support projects officers/coordinators in budgets follow up and ensure any overspending or budgets reallocation above authorised sealing highlighted in the projects agreement is approved
• by the donnor.
• make follow up of the projects assets for proper booking in navision system, proper handling and
• in collaboration of the head of finance, communicate with the donor on some financial issues
• encounted for during implementation of projects which include predicted cash shortage, cash
• supplus, delays of transfers, etc. For a timely decision making in favour of the project being
• supporting the projects internal and external audits, monitoring and evaluation processes.
Academic qualification and experiences:
• bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
• full cpa (t) or acca or its equivalent with three years relevant experience. Must be registered by
• nbaa as an approved accountant.
• 3+ years in a relevant field (preferably with an ngo).
• ability to set up and maintain financial systems and develop internal control procedures
• good experience managing the quality and content of all financial and accounting data, reporting
• and coordinating audits for an organization or significant department.
• knowledgeable of best practices in accounts/ finance and resources management
• flexible and a self-starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detailed-orientated.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated cv with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. The candidate must clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.or.tz .
To apply please send to:
The national director sos children's villages tanzania. Dar es salaam, tanzania firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.