Head of it
Jobs at:STRATEGIS INSURANCE
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Strategy - To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategy in line with
stakeholder needs and in keeping with current best practice in the IT field.
Governance – To ensure IT and Management follow the agreed strategy and policy. To ensure that
the policy and strategy is in compliance with government legislation and/or regulatory requirements
and internationally accepted standards.
Development – To manage the development and implementation of current and future ICT and
business-related technology projects. Specifically, to manage;
• The development plans for ongoing integration, upkeep and improvement of IT systems.
• The commissioning of appropriate and cost-effective procurement and contractual
• The migration of core technologies and tools to the ‘cloud’.
• The management of project and system dependencies at planning, implementation and
• The sign off of all project management milestones for IT projects.
Implementation – To manage the day-to-day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end
user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and
monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
Vendor Management – To manage the relationships with (and between) external vendors and
suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial
constraints and on-going service is in-line with agreed contracts.
Business continuity – To develop and maintain the Major Incident and Business Continuity plan for IT
and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management
needs of the Company in the event of major incidents or disasters.
Service – To organize and implement servicing and support of all IT systems to agreed service level
standards. In particular;
• To ensure training is provided on any new information management tools that may be
• To monitor take up and use by staff and stakeholders.
• To provide remedial support where necessary.
Staff – To line manage and develop the IT team, working with them to plan and prioritize their
workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and provide support to continuously improve their
performance and results.
2. Financial Responsibilities
Budget – To manage the annual Information Technology and Management budget and any associated
funds. Specifically, to be responsible for the review, audit and prioritization of all information
management tools, including (in partnership with the Finance Team) the replacement cycle of information
3. Independent Decisions
The incumbent shall be responsible for all strategic and operational decisions within the department.
4. Interaction with others
Internal – Regular contact with IT staff and all other staff at the Head office and Branches.
External – Regular contact with external vendors, external auditors and regulatory authorities.
Detail description of the minimum knowledge and skills needed for the post:
Education including specialized training
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in IT, Computer Science or related field.
• Additional certifications such as CISA, CISM, ITIL and other professional certificates shall be an
• Minimum of 8 years working experience in Information Technology, of which at least 3 shall be
in progressively senior positions within IT and preferably in the Insurance industry.
• Experience in coordinating or executing IT- Business related projects.
• Hard working and committed individual.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Integrity and ethical values, positive attitude, helpful, competence and motivation.
• Should be a team player and able to exhibit great Interpersonal and communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should have names of three official referees with their contact detail. Applications
accompanied by professionally prepared CVs, copies of all supporting documents along with a
recent passport size photograph should be submitted not later than 30 July 2022 to the following
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited
P. O. Box 7893
Dar es Salaam
Or delivered to:
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited
1st Floor, Masaki Ikon Building
Plot no. 1520, Basins Avenue
Masaki, Msasani Peninsular
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.