Head of Internal Audit
Jobs at:Standard Chartered
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Role Responsibilities
• Group Internal Audit (GIA) in Standard Chartered Bank is looking for an exceptional and dynamic Head of Audit to join our Tanzania audit team.
• We pride ourselves in being Auditors of the Future, forward-looking and agile with a keen focus on Smarter Auditing. When you join us, you will enter a role that challenges the status quo, moves mindsets and be a part of the future of banking.
• You will have a crucial role in providing audit coverage on all business activities in Tanzania. This is a critical role, that provides exposure to auditing and risk management at a global scale and offers significant career development opportunities. The role reports to Head of Audit for Kenya and East Africa.
• Lead all audit and risk assessment work in Tanzania.
• Ensure audit work clearly identifies and provides assurance on all relevant risk types.
• Establish relationships with senior business stakeholders in Country and within GIA.
• Effectively manage the budget allocated in country.
• Audit Delivery
• Deliver the audit plan for the Country
• Participate as Team Manager or Team Leader for assigned audit work within the region.
• Ensure that audit deliverables meet quality standards and timelines in line with the GIA methodology.
• Draft and submit inputs to the audit scope (including the Audit Planning Memo and Controls document) proposed by the Audit Lead.
• Assist in the drafting of the audit report in the GIA report review process.
• Track the implementation/delivery of the agreed issues and action plans for the audits assigned, understanding the key risks arising, provide advice on resolution of issues to auditees/action plan owners and escalate audit findings that remain unresolved.
• Risk Assessment
• Update the relevant assigned risk assessments on a regular basis to ensure that changes in risk profiles are identified in a timely manner.
• Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process.
• Attend relevant meetings (e.g. PSCs, Management Groups and Committees) to keep up-to-date on key business matters and provide the right challenge to ensure risks are appropriately identified, discussed and timely remediation plans are put in place.
• Review MI and reports regularly to keep up to date with key trends within the business.
• Stakeholder Management
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the management of business units which fall under risk assessment responsibility.
• People and Talent
• Demonstrate proactivity and positive engagement during team sessions.
• Influence change within the department by highlighting potential enhancements.
• Identify growth areas at the start of each audit and discuss with the Audit Lead on how best to work on them during the work.
• Identify and successfully complete key internal training for self-development.
• Proactively spot talent for GIA.
• Manage the relevant Product/Country clients and establish good working relationships to help the businesses improve the control environment and keep updated with changes in the business impacting their risk profile.
• Ensure clear communication of findings/issues/root causes to all relevant clients and monitor/escalate any overdue actions plans to the appropriate business manager and/or governance committee for resolution.
• Ensure timely escalation of delays in execution of audit work, both to auditee management and GIA management.
• Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Support the GIA to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Key Stakeholders
• Designated business stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio.
• GIA stakeholders – team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
• Other Responsibilities
• Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in GIA.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
• A Bachelor’s or a Post-graduate Degree in Finance and/ Accounting. Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
• A successful track record with a minimum of 8 years in Audit either with a bank, consulting organisation, Big-4 accounting firm.
• Hands-on expert knowledge and successful track record of the following:
• Financial Controls
• Credit risk
• Operational risk
• Financial regulatory reporting
• Financial markets
• Track record of performing work independently with minimal supervision and meeting stretch timelines; comfortable to deal with ambiguity and solve problems.
• Very good written communication skills, willingness to learn, be persuasive while being respectful to others and being open to contrary views.
Role Specific Technical Skills And Competencies
• Certified Public Accountant
• Strong and impactful communicator, both within reports and verbally, with ability to clearly articulate controls to be tested and risks identified to both internal and business stakeholders
• Confident and courageous to raise and escalate ideas or concerns in a professional and timely manner
• Proactive, self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Exercise professional judgment, objectivity and discretion
• Ability to build relationships, working within a global team.
Work Hours: 8
Job Experience: No Requirements
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified click https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl? to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.