Head of Finance
Jobs at:MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC)
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Finance
We wish to secure the services of a Head of Finance. This is a Managerial position reporting directly to the Operations Director. The selected candidate will be expected to provide overall leadership and coordination of the financial management and internal control systems of TCDC and it’s projects, resource mobilization and provision of advice on financial matters to department heads, maintenance of accounting records, preparation of financial reports, ensure control over the organization’s assets and liabilities, budgeting and budget controls, cash-flow management and support internal/external audits. The Head of Finance must have a strategic mindset, sound leadership qualities and a broad understanding of financial management principles.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HEAD OF FINANCE
• Prepare annual work plans and budgets.
• Present work plans and budget to the Operations Director, subsequently to the Management.
• Prepare relevant financial reports for the leadership of the organization.
• Prepare relevant financial reports for the leadership of the organization
• Prepare of TCDC budgets.
• Present work plans and budget to the Operations Director, subsequently to the Management Forum.
• Providing accurate financial information for decision making by the Leadership Team
• Timely production of financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
• Coordinate and support the preparation of Annual plans and Budgets for TCDC and Projects with department heads.
• Review and recommend for approval any amendments to the Annual Budgets.
• Prepare Financial and Management reports for TCDC and donors on a timely basis.
• Cash-flow management for TCDC to ensure liquidity.
• Ensure strong financial discipline by planning, controlling and reporting on financial performance to the Management Team.
• Ensure compliance with Financial Policies and Procedures; Procurement Guidelines, Donors’ Financial Management Guidelines and other Statutory Requirements.
• Coordinate External Auditor to ensure compliance with TCDC policy and statutory requirements.
• Ensure Statutory Compliance and timely returns; Donor Compliance and Organizational Compliance.
• Ensure Financial Policies Manuals are up to date and in use.
• Coordinate and ensure compliance with donor funding agreements and reporting to ensure continuous funding flow.
• Oversee the Financial section of the TCDC Economic Sustainability Plan.
• Support and input into proposal and grants development.
• Negotiating with banks for optimal /best interest, and most favourable terms in financial transactions.
• Participate in developing strategies that work to minimize financial risks for TCDC.
• The Head of Finance is required to perform internal audits of MS TCDC procurement and financial transaction between departments.
• Responsible for the contact to and the cooperation with third parties such as banks, insurance, NSSF, Taxation Authorities.
• Make sure all transactions and duties follow the requirement as described in the MS DK financial policy and procedures manual.
• A Bachelor degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business related discipline with a CPA qualification is a must. Membership of professional accounting association NBAA, is required and is an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years working at the managerial level and three (3) years must be working experience with an international organization (INGOs/CSOs) or DANIDA funded projects.
• Have a passion for accountability and good governance.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
• High level of cross-cultural skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Demonstrated skills in the operation of computer applications including advanced spread-sheeting and extensive working knowledge of operation of computerized accounting systems with a large organization i.e Navision.
• Business acumen and strategic thinking capacity.
• Data analysis and budgeting skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The position of Head of Finance will be based at the MS TCDC training centre in Usa River, Arusha under the following terms and conditions:
• The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment terms with a fixed-term contract of three (3) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC.
• A basic salary under MS TCDC’s scheme of service – according to experience and education when relevant.
• Housing is provided on campus in the Usa River, Arusha.
• A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, submit a motivation letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 11th of October, 2021 midnight East African Time (EAT) with the title Head of Finance. We value all applications but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The first round of interviews will be conducted on the 19th of October, 2021 and a potential second round of interviews will be conducted on the 25th of October, 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.