Head of Finance
Jobs at:Aga Khan University
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Financial Management & Control Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
• Ensure that University is fully compliant with tax law, financial law and standards in Tanzania.
• Ensuring all liabilities and assets are recorded accurately
• Forecasting cash flow projections and monitoring this into, the book of accounts.. . against the daily cash positions.
• Monitoring the accruals, pre-payments, and creditors’
• Analysing the variances and generating reports on findings and recommendations.
• Supervise payments in all currencies made to suppliers and staff ensuring complete compliance with the institutional policy and legal requirements.
• Monitor and manage fixed assets, inventory, treasury functions and inter-entity transactions.
• Overall responsibility of students’ accounting functions, including proper recording in general ledger and correspondence with parents, granting agencies and students for timely payment of fees due.
• Supervise monthly payroll for timely payment to staff, ensure all deductions for loans and advances arc made, statutory deductions arc done properly and paid in time to the statutory bodies
• File VAT returns, duty and other exemptions with relevant authorities on daily basis and keep complete track to ensure timely collection and distribution to vendors.
• Supervise timely and accurate closing of monthly/annual accounts and supervise grant audits.
• Liaise with external and internal auditors for annual and periodic audits.
• Preparation of Financial statements as per International Accounting Standards and other management tcmplates/rc- ports.
2. Planning, budgeting and reporting
• Prepare annual budgets and 5 years/15 years rolling budgets for all AKUTZ entities in consultation with Entity Heads.
• Prepare feasibility/costing studies required for services/ programmes.
• Prepare grant budgets in consultation with project leads / entity heads.
• Ensure financial compliance with granting agencies’ policies & procedures and prepare monthly/annual grant reports.
Construction Projects and Accounting
• Work with Project Director to develop annual budgets of construction projects.
• Prepare and review monthly financial reports and ensure accuracy of financial information shared through ERP system.
• Manage cash flow and working capital requirement of the project.
• Oversing payments and accruals of various construction activities and record them in financial system as per the best practices.
• Analytical review of monthly budget variance report of construction projects.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria for this position, please email your application with updated resume/CV and a cover letter addressed to the Global Director Talent Acquisition, Human resources at email@example.com
The deadline for submitting application is Wednesday 07th December, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.