Head of Credit
Jobs at:VisionFund Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, April 15 2023
Date Posted:Saturday, April 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Re-Advertised Job Vacancy – Head Of Credit
Work Reference No. 016/22
Position: Head of Credit
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
The position holder’s primary responsibility is managing the credit risk by ensuring quality origination and structuring detailing appropriateness of loan size, purpose and tenor of credit facilities advanced to clients in line with the bank’s risk appetite. The role is responsi¬ble in building capacity of credit staff to undertake quality loan assessment and provides leadership and support to Credit Analysts in loan origination.
The position conducts in-depth analysis of the loan portfolio through a numbers of credit reports as needed in order to rectify identified risk through frequent review of credit risk policy, triggering the suction policy in line with the identified gaps. The role also supervises the Operations Manager and monitors efficiency in the back-office functions to ensure that the bank provides superior service to its customers.
• Supervising Credit and Operation function of VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank.
• Implementing policies and procedures related to Credit underwriting, Collection and Bank Operations.
• Recommending changes to the credit and saving policies to align with Market, regula¬tory requirements and Best practices.
• Analyze Institution portfolio performance using different metrics including products, sector, industry, by branch and by Loan officer.
• Analyze portfolio quality including PAR trends and take appropriate remedy action including recommending approval limits changes to Credit Risk, Policy and Pricing Committee.
• Chair of the Head Office Credit Committee (H0CC) that review and approve loans above Branch/Business Center limits and Regional Limit.
• Coordinate credit reference bureau access to VFT staff, Training, liaise person of Credit reference bureau and responsible for submitting all report to credit reference bureau as required by the regulation.
• Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and institute appropri¬ate corrective measures.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across VFT MFB. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• A bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Microfinance, Economics, Business Administration, Finance or any related field.
• Master’s Degree in business Administration/Management, Microfinance, Accounting, finance or related field is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 6 years working experience in a financial institution is required of which at least 3 should be at Managerial level.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should;
Forward their application letter, detailed CV’s with three referees, attaching certified copies of NIDA ID, academic and professional certificates; to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
All applications should be addressed to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
The position should be the subject of the email application.
The deadline for the application is on 15th April, 2023.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.