Head of Application Management
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manages a Team which Supports, manages, and delivers the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Applications systems (Core Banking and Business application) both Cloud and on-premises, to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country
• Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with Applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
• Manage the daily applications effective operations such as for Core Banking applications, Digital Channels, Payment’s applications, and back-office enterprise applications in accordance with ITIL processes.
• Ensure license management on all enterprise applications.
• Create and maintain up to date Production Systems Architecture diagrams for each application within the portfolio in accordance with the standard IT documentation throughout the application lifecycle.
• Organize and maintain a regular availability review process with both key business and IT representatives.
• Initiate, agree and coordinate appropriate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications.
• Act as a coordination point for changes to availability levels of applications when needed.
• Determine the availability requirements from the business for new or enhanced IT applications
• Establish measures and reporting that reflect business, user, and IT support requirements with regards to application availability
• Participate in Change Control meetings to assess and authorize changes from an availability perspective
• Define the key targets of availability required for the applications and their components that underpin a new or enhanced IT application as the basis for an SLA agreement
• Analyse and review actual availability levels achieved against SLAs and OLAs.
• Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability and highest degree of benefit to the end users.
• Lead initiatives on Cost saving Setup and implementation.
• Identify issues with cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized.
• Develop, lead, and coach a high performing team in managing the IT Service Delivery and ensure growth to full potential.
• Determine and analyses the developments needs of the team and establish the succession plan for the entire unit.
• Provide regular reports on availability to the Chief Information Officer.
• Building up relationship with business, country IT Risk and governance team and provide the support wherever required.
• Ensure availability of tested Business Continuity Management, ready to support the business and participate in testing periodically.
• Agree appropriate actions to maintain or improve availability levels.
• Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills to solve technical problems on existing applications
• Implement all configuration, optimization (e.g. upgrades) & maintenance activity (e.g. regular maintenance patches) for enterprise wide applications
• Provide efficient and effective support of applications including continued development of the application and security, software patches, reliability, disaster recovery and ensure the application meets the business needs
• Application Monitoring & Performance Management
• Monitor application modification requests and ensure best practices are being utilise• Conduct diagnostic investigations of program errors, and implement or recommend solutions or methodologies for resolution.
• Maintain metrics of operational performance and evaluate trends
• Analyse business systems to determine effectiveness, identify inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems and recommend solutions
• Governance, Risk & Control
• Enhance methods and procedures for collecting, analysing, and documenting application issues, and completing user change requests.
• Enhance IT processes for transitioning completed configurations from development to production.
• Plan and coordinate the processes for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
• Define and maintain application assessment, development, and support standards, and work with other IT and business stakeholders to establish configuration and use guidelines.
• Provide inputs to availability and capacity management process for effective planning.
• Technical skills / Competencies
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields and certification in related technologies such as Java development, database Management and Web Services is mandatory.
• Strong DataCentres systems technical skills.
• SLA and vendor management skills.
• Operating Systems knowledge Linux / Unix, Redhat, Windows OS, CenterOS
• Databases Management Postgresql, MySQL, SQL Database.
• Middleware and File Transfers Technologies MQ etc
• Proficiency with SQL server and query scripting.
• Knowledge on Load Balance, Container platforms such as Open shift, docker,
• Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure etc)
• Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
• Minimum of 10years experience in work related to Data Centre.
• Robust Knowledge on Core Banking Systems, IT Service Management systems, Business Networking
• Strategic Thinking
• ITIL – Governance Framework
• Communication Skills
• SLA and vendor Management skills.
• Subject matter expertise
• Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment
• Conceptual thinking skills
• Ability to analyse, make decision and initiate act.
• Good understanding of ITIL processes and associated concepts.
• Working within a Global or Regional role.
• Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.