Grants and Finance Coordinator for Assigned Program
Deadline of this Job:
19 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice and places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty. In 2020, CARE worked in 104 countries, reaching 90 million people through more than 1,300 programs. Every single one of those 90 million people has a story of resilience, community, strength, and hope—all things that bind us together, across every corner of the globe. CARE began working in Tanzania in April 1994, in response to the crisis in Rwanda and the subsequent influx of refugees into the Kagera Region of North-western Tanzania. Over the subsequent years, CARE Tanzania developed innovative education, health, microfinance, and environmental programs across most regions of the country. In Tanzania CARE works with the Government both in mainland and Zanzibar and other stakeholders to transform communities and ensure financial inclusion and independence, health and nutrition, climate-smart development resilience, especially for women and girls.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit the self-motivated, result driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill the following positions in different projects
Job title: Grants and Finance Coordinator for Assigned Program to be based in Dar es Salaam
The role of Grant and Finance Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned project in line with CARE International policies and guidelines as well as donor policies and guidelines. The critical role of the position is to ensure compliance with CARE Financial and Donor regulations on grants and budgetary requirements, ensuring accuracy and timely submission of financial reports and bills to donors. The Grant and Finance Coordinator will ensure partner organization management capacity is enhanced, adequate management of sub grants and partner’s financial agreements and fully support project implementation team at the head office and at Field office.
The Grant and Finance Coordinator will timely provide periodic analytical financial reports to Budget Holder on grants and partners’ expenditures, inform and advice the management on the financial performance of the grant. This position will also be responsible for working with the Country Office Risk and Compliance Manager in coordinating Internal and statutory audits and Financial Statement Audits as appropriate.
• Financial Compliance on the Program Grant - Ensure compliance with specific Donor’s requirements as stipulated in agreements and contracts of the respective grants and CARE international policies
• Partner Management - Support on Management of Partners’ Agreements and Capacity Building to partners to ensure compliance is achieved during selection, engagement, monitoring and close out of partner funding agreements.
• Financial Reports and Analytical Reviews - Management Reports (Internal Reporting) and Donor Reports (External Reporting). Prepare and provide analytical financial reports for the specified grants and its sub grants to the respective budget holders and support the budget holder and other members of the program team to interpret and understand the financial results.
• Prepare Financial and analytical reports for the assigned Program are timely prepared and reviewed by program lead before submission for further reviews and submission to Donor.
• Accounts Payable and Receivable - Coordinate communication and ensure workflow and all financial system’s requirements at the head office and field office/level are timely communicated and defined in the system to ensure smooth implementation and recording of financial data of their respective projects.
• Facilitates Project audit, verification of Partner’s transactions and reviewing financial reports for compliance
• Ability to thrive in team environments with a strong understanding of team diversities. Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality and participatory approach to sustainable development.
• A Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration or accounting, or finance management, a full professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA(T), CIMA, ICSA etc. an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing finance in accounting functions and sub-grants preferably of an International non-Governmental Organization funded by multiple donors with strict rules and regulations.
• Ability to project future financial and operational resources and requirements of a project/program (e.g., cash, revenue, viability, people, and more)
• Ability to contribute in preparation of internal and external financial reports for both individual entities or groups using appropriate accounting and/or regulatory requirements, and internal management reports that compare actual results to planned results; deliver
• Excellent planning, management, and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advance knowledge in Excel and experience in working with accounting software
• Accounting and budgeting skills with Strong analytical skills and ability to learn and cope with unexpectedly changes
• Good interpersonal skills that enable excellent relations and communication with others
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 19th September 2022 at 1700hrs. To apply, please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.