Grants and Compliance Finance Officer-Head Office
Jobs at:PACT Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, February 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance, Grants, Contracts, and Compliance Officer is directly responsible to and supervised by the Series Grants Contracts and Compliance, Manager. The finance Branta, Contracts, and Compliance officer provides high-level Finance grants, and contracts management to achieve the goal of the Pact Tanzania project, working with Transition track partners and the Kid Hodart project. She provides Capacity building for all aspects related to Finance and management of sub-grants and subcontracts. This requires close collaboration with Pact Finance and Grants us to ensure compliance with USB Rules and Regulations and other donor guidelines.
• Support Partner's capacity to develop subcontract and sub-grant award documents compliant with donor requirements
• Support Partner's capacity to Administer the full cycle of sub-sward management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award almanac, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout
• Support partner's capacity to oversee budget management of projects sub-award pools
• Support the partner's capacity to roll out grantees and Partner's staff training to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular training with partners.
• To support partners to Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are developed and maintained and can provide regular reports Support partner's capacity to Develop and/or update their Sub-awards Manual in compliance with USB Regulations
• Support partner's capacity to manage closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
• Support partner's capacity to Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying sedating and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Support partner's capacity to Provide Support to CSD to comply with Cost share policy by ensuring the policy is adhered to, and reporting is done
• Support partner's capacity to Review, ensure, and drafts contract language to ensure they comply with all applicable donor, and heat government regulations
• Support Partner's Capacity on USAID financial report requirements, including DATIM reports Support Partner's Capacity in budget development and monitoring
• Support Partner's Capacity on sub-award financial management as per USAID Rules and Regulations
• Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for partners staff Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and partner's staff needs.
• Perform other duties assigned.
1. The minimum requirement is a bachelor's degree but preferred is a MA/MSc/master's in business administrator degree or equivalent relevant qualification
2. At least 7 years of relevant experience in the 30 sector within Tanara in managing the award and administration of sub-grants funded by Global Fund. USAID, or International donors.
3. Experience managing sub-award design and administration
4. Experience in donor funds administration
5. Understanding of local contract and procurement w
6. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Kiswahili and English
7. Knowledge of OMB Circular A-110, A-122, and A-133: 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228 a plus
8. Knowledge of USAID DATIM Financial Reports preparations plus
9. Strong knowledge of donor auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise financial oversight of Agreements programs.
10. Demonstrated solid knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations applicable to Agreements administration
• Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or support of an award
• Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build a full range of capacities for grant management
• Proficiency in a local language
Skills and Abilities:
• Consistently works within internal processes and procedures
• Strong Interpersonal and team-building aids
• Exceptional planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing parties
• Strong understanding of desktop applications and internal system
• Cons to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective written and oral Communication
• Communication skills are essential in bulking relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
• Ability to exercise sound business judgment to prioritize wisely and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
• Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficiently conducting day-to-day tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, word, outlook, and graphic/web design. Knowledge of QuickBooks/ACCPAC is a big plus
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application online through humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications ent entre will be reviewed.
The closing date for application is on 28th February 2025.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political milation,arantation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, ship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tabasse use (except in the workplace) membership in an employes organization, or other protected
Classifications or non-merit footers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.