Jobs at:Legal Services Facility (LSF)
Deadline of this Job:
03 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
0 Job purposes
To effectively manage a portfolio of grants and provide support to grant holders in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget. S/he coordinates the administrative and financial aspects of grants, and grantees agreements by reviewing budget completeness, and coordinates post award actions. Is responsible for timely preparations of all payments and proper management of cash, entry of financial data in the GL, and bank related activities.
3.0 Key responsibilities and tasks:
The Grants Officer’s specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in site visits of current and future grantees, evaluating usage of grant funds and administrative areas to determine level of risk; provide recommendations to grant execution based on assessment.
• In consultation with the Senior Grants and Finance Officer, provide direction and guidance to Grantees on fund management and control, as needed.
• Support the Senior Grants & Finance Officer in the conduct of post-award orientation meetings with the grantees to ensure that all terms/conditions of the contract /grant were understood.
• In coordination with the Senior Grants & Finance Officer, perform periodic evaluations in order to review compliance with grant requirements. Detect and resolve implementation problems.
• Support the Senior Grants & Finance Officer in the administration and oversight of grant expenditures in accordance with LSF guidelines.
• Maintain good reporting processes for all grants, reporting any grants pipeline issues to management on a monthly basis.
• Assist with tracking costs of grants
• Maintain and update a detailed grants status calendar and grants filing system (physical & electronic)
• Ensure the proper presentation and safekeeping of accurate and complete supporting information for audit purposes
• Assist in the preparation of all supporting information for audits and contacting finance and accounting staff as needed
• Adheres to internal and donor policy requirements on awards and financial management
A combination of the experience, skills, and education listed below that provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
Experience, Skills, and Education:
• Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Experience of working in a similar job in an NGO for at least 3 years.
• Proficiency in Excel and MS Word
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience in budget review and monitoring with development projects
• Experience in budget analysis and cost controls in development projects
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams
• Ability to prepare presentations and reports
• Willingness to work and travel in all project areas
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.