Grants Finance Officer
Jobs at:Women Fund Trust Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Grants Officer will be responsible for WFT-Trust's portfolio of grants, including overall financial management such as budgeting, reporting, compliance assurance, and audit coordination. In addition, this position will be responsible for grants accounting and General Ledger reconciliations, cash flows as well as institutional financial reporting various other on line statutory filings. The Grants Finance Officer ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with grants financial management policies monitors all grant expenses, and provides regular updates on grant status. The role also provides operational and technical assistance as required to build capacity of local partners & grantees. This position also requires an individual with high level of intergrity and committed to feminist agenda around feminist grant making.
• Grants Reporting, Accounting and Compliance:
• Responsible for financial grants management including projections and planning, performance
• analysis, budgeting, reporting and oversight for the WFT-Trust's grants portfolio.
• Compiling, reviewing, and submitting quarterly reports to respective donors
• Assisting in the development of budgeting and reporting tools, templates, and realignments
• Supporting with development of proposal budgets.
• Liaising with the field offices on the financial management component of grants-i.e. the Shinyanga office. Preparing a ledger of 'at risk grantees' (assessing their reporting timeline and quality of the reports)
• and working closely with them to reduce their risk.
• Preparing quarterly status of accounts receivable, annual General Ledger (GL), and project control
• worksheets (PCW) reconciliation for all grants. Record GL entries for grants expenses and income as
• per the donor codes.
• Coordinating with relevant entities, completing the entire cycle of processing donor reports and its
• submission on a periodic basis as required by various donor agencies.
• Reviewing vouchers and payment requests, and processing payments for grants.
• Financial Projections, Planning, & Adaptation
• Supporting the development and implementation of processes and controls to ensure compliance
• with donor rules and regulations as well as WFT-Trust protocols in close coordination with the Director
• of Finance and Operations, and grantmaking team.
• Working with the relevant departments and field offices on integrated management of all project finances to ensure effective use of resources to achieve programs objectives in compliance with all donor requirements.
• Developing budget tools, templates, and guidance. Designing and implementing systems and procedures following WFT-Trust's quality assurance standards and conditions yet ensuring adequate internal controls and minimizing risks;
• Government Audit & Statutory Filings
• Assisting with the annual/semi-annual filings, audits, and preparing various audit schedules. Assisting with statutory online filings such as PAYE, WHT, NSSF, SDL, WCF,P9&10 Compiling timesheets and allocating expenses to various cost centres in line with the budget. Obtaining year-end audit confirmation for all grants and third parties as requested by the auditors.
• Assisting with data entry, filing, and report preparation as requested by the management together with processing of payments and allocating all costs to proper budget codes.
• Assisting with developing the WFT-Trust annual budget related to grants.
• Completing accounting entries in the WFT-Trust accounting software for expenses and revenues of
• Training grantees on good financing practices and compliance.
• Preparing various schedules for filing and reconciliations at the end of the month.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in a nonprofit organization.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent and a CPT(T) is mandatory.
• Experience working with Sage Evolution accounting software is a plus and highly desired; Demonstrated knowledge, skills in accounting, data entry, and donor grants management.
• Nonprofit accounting, IPSAS, and grants experience.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili, including presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment.
• A keen analytic, with an eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which considers the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Applications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for, Deadline for submission of applications is on 30th June 2022
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. Young feminist women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.
WFT-Trust is an equal opportunity employer and has a Zero Tolerance policy to all forms of Corruption including sexual corruption, sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.