Grants, Contracts and Compliance Officer
Jobs at:cvpeople tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grants, Contracts and Compliance Officer
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff has a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, and civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance and more.
The Grants Compliance and Contracts Officer is responsible for day-to-day sub-grants and contracts management activities. He/she will work under the supervision of the Capacity Development Manager and Senior Grants Compliance and Contracts Manager and will work closely with the finance, and DDA program team. The range of tasks will cover pre-award to close-out as outlined below.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the DDA program team to prepare yearly Annual Program Statement on rapid response grants and Requests for Applications on project grants.
• Prepare and chair annual proposal evaluation meetings for project grants and biweekly rapid response proposal evaluations, compile results and respond to applicants.
• Conduct pre-award assessments to determine the responsibility of prospective grantees using Pact’s capacity assessment tools.
• Make determinations of risk profiles of prospective grantees and recommend appropriate approaches to mitigate the risks identified, including the development of special award conditions and or short-term capacity development plans.
e) In addition to pre-award assessments, the Grants Compliance and Contracts Officer will also be responsible for the following pre-award tasks:
• Selection of the proper award instrument
• Cost analysis and budget negotiations
• Request for Prior approvals to Freedom House
• Preparation of negotiation memoranda
• Complete submission of award documents for approval by the Country Director or Chief of Party or Finance Director, through Senior Grants Compliance and Contracts Manager.
a) Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on the following key issues
• Pact grants management policies and procedures
• Policies and procedures for procurement under subgrants
• Compliance with government regulations/requirements
• Interpretation of donor regulations and Circulars
• Simplified grants
• Agreements Modifications
• Grantee monitoring
b) To ensure the following documents are maintained by the grantee.
• inventory of property in grantees’ custody is properly maintained.
• VAT reports of grantees
• Audit reports of grantees
• Other deliverables (programmatic and financial) of grantees
• Monitor compliance with special award conditions by grantees.
• Conduct investigations to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from grants and make recommendations to the Senior Grants Contracts and Compliance Manager
• Routinely monitor the maintenance and control of the archive of grants.
III. Capacity Development
• Contribute to the development and delivery of training in grants and finance management in the field.
• Contribute to substantive discussions in the Grants Community of Practice.
• Develop capacity development plans based on assessment gaps identified during pre-award assessments.
• Conducting Quarterly Financial Reviews
• Provide ongoing tailored coaching, mentorship, and technical assistance to local partners as they implement institutional strengthening plans.
• Facilitate monthly compliance clinics to local partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related business field or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of USAID CFR 200 and other Circulars
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations applicable to grant administration.
• Two (2) years of experience managing the award and administration of sub-grants funded by USAID, or international donors.
• Experience working in advocacy projects will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
• Effective written and oral communications skills
• Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for the efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database skills.
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Financial background a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.