Financial Officer 1 – Accounts Payable
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Financial Officer 1 – Accounts Payable
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time Contract
Re Reporting to: Superintendent 1 – Accounts Payable Orders
Nu Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Undertake all accounts payable activities and tasks assigned by the section supervisor. Support the business by ensuring vendors’ dues are settled by the way of timely processing their invoices, updated vendors’ accounts through monthly reconciliations as well as resolving issues related to vendors’ payments. Key member of the Accounts Payable team and reliable to fulfil the business deliverables outlined for this section including timely closure of AP moth end activities as well as participating in the audit exercises as per SOX Controls.
Bachelor’s degree of accounting or its equivalent from a reputable University/Institution.
At least 1 year of working experience in the discipline of accounting in the mining industry.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Creditors Invoices Processing
• Process all allocated Creditors’ invoices within specified time.
• Daily submit list of invoices with queries to section supervisor indicating underlying issues
• Liaise with Supply Chain and end users to ensure PR/PO/GRN/SES process is timely completed
• Identify recurring issues on invoices processing and report them the supervisor to seek permanent solution
• Ensure all processed invoices are timely submitted to the section supervisor for dispatch to Treasury Section
• Timely process Down Payment applications received from Supply Chain
• Abide to daily Key Performance Indicators (Volume of Invoices processed, Number of queries resolved etc.)
Creditors Age Analysis
Review long outstanding Invoices in the Ledger and advise the section supervisor to prioritize them for clearance
Prepare Down Payment Age Analysis and submit to section Supervisor for Review and action
Month End Reporting Activities
Ensure all allocated Invoices are captured before Month end cut-off date.
Process Monthly Fuel Invoice – Must be captured in the current period without miss
Perform intercompany balances reconciliations and submit to the section supervisor for review and approval process
Creditors Transactional Data Management to ensure the below Accounting and Auditing Objectives, Principles and Standards are achieved
• Completeness – Ensure three-way matching of Invoices
• Accuracy – Accurate figures are captured into the system including cost, VAT and WHT
• Validity/valuation – Ensure that invoices are valid for payment for Goods/Services supplied/rendered
• Existence – ensure there are existing contracts with Vendors and that transactions are matched to actual supplies of goods/services
• Cut-off – Monitor Invoices capturing cut-off to ensure all costs are captured in the appropriate accounting period
• Rights & Obligations – Ensure that all Accounts Payable obligations do belong to the company (GGML)
• Disclosure – Ensure that all AP information is disclosed in the financial statements e.g., Down Payments to vendors and outstanding payables
Creditors Accounts Matching & Reconciliations
• Perform all allocated Creditors’ monthly reconciliations
• Review management comments on all previous Monthly Vendor reconciliation for corrections and clearance
• Assist the section supervisor to resolve Complex and Difficult Creditors
• Perform Quarterly Creditors long outstanding transactions clean-up upon review and Management Approval
Process outstanding invoices identified from the GR/IR accounts transactions age analysis report for clean-up
Business Improvement, Planning & Budgeting
Prepare and document all the “How To” Process maps for your process and submit to section supervisor for review and approval process
Attend assigned formal technical and on job training to improve Business process skills
Participating on Internal, External & Government Audits
Prepare Accounts Payable Audit files/SOX Control
Provide information as requested by the Auditors
• Capable of applying Accounting Principles
• Computer literate
• Application of Accounting packages e.g., SAP
• Communication skills
• Self-motivated to deliver the results efficiently
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=AGAprod&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=18609&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&browserTimeZone=Africa/Nairobi&_s.crb=Xn5fjFVIkcGJZiavTSo%2bmwYJG8MRrjZ8Wcv9WceYZIY%3d
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Financial Officer 1 – Accounts Payable”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 9th March 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.