Jobs at:Alaf Limited
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Financial Controller’s responsibilities include: Oversee and manage the general accounting functions
Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements Identifying tax risks and developing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and updating the Company’s management of new legislative developments.
Job Functions Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning Industries Manufacturing Specification
• Financial Accounting:
• To ensure accuracy of books of accounts
• To ensure monthly closing of accounts within agreed timelines.
• Preparation of IFRS accounts and GL schedules.
• Ensure accuracy & timely postings of entries in SAP/ERP
• Ensure monthly review and reconciliation of account payables.
• Ensure vendor accounts are reconciled and balance confirmations are obtained
• Ensure timely reconciliations of all bank accounts.
• Assist in providing data for the Board pack.
• Review and ensure accurate monthly provisions and prepayment accounts
• Review and monitor staff imprest and other advances, for timely settlements
• Internal audit – drive compliance with IA observations
• Work with external auditors to ensure timely completion of annual audit
• To establish and implement strong internal financial controls
• Perform monthly inventory reconciliation and establish controls.
• Accurately maintain Fixed Assets records, ensure periodic physical verification
• Any other work that may be assigned by the management
• Tax compliance:
• Ensure compliance with Tax laws and regulations in Company’s financial dealings
• Ensure all tax returns are accurately prepared and timely filed with tax authorities
• Co-ordinate tax audit, transfer price audit and any other audit by the Revenue authorities
• Ensure Accounts books are reconciled with VAT, WHT and statutory returns at all times
• Ensure Company’s VAT refund claims are timely filed and follow-up with the Tax authorities for refund
• Ensure necessary documents are properly maintained and available for verification by Tax authorities
• Ensure EFD reports are reconciled with the Account books at all times
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of Company’s imports with TANSAD records
• Ensure necessary export permits are available for all exports
• Co-ordinate with Company’s Tax consultants for regular Tax health check-ups and ensure the observations are resolved in time
• Ensure timely response to queries by Tax authorities, Company’s internal auditors
• Identify and evaluate tax risks and set-up processes to eliminate/minimize the risks
• Build relationships with the insurance companies/partners,
• Monitor coverage and maintain insurance register
• Ensure all renewals are on time and costs details are accurately maintained
• Assist in settlement of claims and documentation.
• Proper upkeep of Claims register/records
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance, business or related field.
• Chartered Accountancy or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Proven experience of 8-10 years as a Public Accountant, out of which at least 5 years should be in a senior managerial role handling financial accounting and tax compliance
• The ability to work with SAP ERP.
• Extensive knowledge of Accounting standards (IFRS) and tax legislations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Sound problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to properly interpret, apply and make decisions in accordance with the relevant policies.
• High integrity and judgment.
• An ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
• Ability to work well with the existing management team.
• Adept in developing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders
• Go-getter approach
• Fluent in written and spoken English, understanding of Swahili will be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://safalgroup.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/58966
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.