Finance and Administration Manager
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. General Duties
• Provide oversight of financial and administrative management of the projects at the field office levels
• Supervise all financial management to ensure best use of resources through sound budgeting, monitoring of project expenses, and timely preparation of donor financial reports
• Ensure that the financial function in line with the taxation, rules, regulations and labour Laws of the country of operation
• Provide leadership, strategic direction and support in the development and implementation of an effective Resource Development Strategy.
• Ensure that all national staff are issued with letters of appointment, contracts, job descriptions and identification cards in a timely manner
• Participate actively in preparing project proposals and budgets for the entire operations
• Establish and maintain effective communication with UNHCR and other lead agencies regarding program development, funding opportunities, financial matters, agreements and staffing
2. Specific duties
• Lead in the monthly financial close of the Country Program Office and the production of monthly financial statements, supporting schedules and reconciliations.
• Prepare relevant financial management reports of the country office, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, taking necessary corrective measures where applicable.
• Performing balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis and ensuring that differences or discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
2) Accounts Payables:
• Promtly process salaries and all expenses generated at the Country level ensuring they comply with AIRD policies and procedures, accrual accounting and donor rules and regulations.
• Closely review procurement documents to ensure they comply with AIRD policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations, including but not limited to, ensuring that costs are program related, supporting documentation is complete, accuracy of amounts and proof of receipt of services or goods prior to payment.
3) Cash and bank management:
• Review and consolidate monthly cash forecasts for the Country program office ensuring funds are fully reconciled before submitting to HQ for processing. This will include working with program staff to develop accurate cash forecasts.
• Ensure adequate controls around the management and use of cash, including appropriate cash counts and reconciliations on a periodic basis.
• Manage the risk associated with foreign exchange movements ensuring that measures are taken to reduce the AIRD exposure to forex movements.
4) Grants and budget management:
• Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets and IDLO chart of accounts.
• Coordinate with program staff to prepare budgets to support new proposals or realignments and ensure full cost recovery is adopted as applicable.
5) Filing financial documents:
• Ensure all original documents are properly coded and filed for ease of future reference prior to shipment to HQ.
• Ensure that all electronic copies of all documents shipped to Head Office are maintained at the Country Office, filed electronically and in sequence.
• Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Finance/Admin reports to the relevant financiers, Head Office and Donors as per the Partner Program Agreement and any other donor in a timely manner
• Develop strategic planning, work planning, and budgeting processes under close supervision of the CPD
• Maintain strong internal policies, processes, and control systems in order to provide timely, consistent and accurate financial and budget management
• Provide logistical support to Programs’ activities; including, coordinating smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures.
• Oversee the planning and discharging of procurement according to AIRD SOPs.
• Keep track of contractual agreements and assist users with contractual rights and obligations.
• Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program.
• With guidance from HQ, support in HR operations management including leave management, payroll and employee management and development.
• Ensure that staff performance evaluations are conducted annually by end of December each year
8) Audit and compliance:
• Develop and implement monthly project-wide financial review(s) and analyses, as well as provide timely
• Conduct internal audits quarterly to confirm the external audit requirements
• Be the lead contact at the Country Office on audit related exercises, including audits for the implementing partners.
• Support the Country Office whenever audit requests are submitted, ensuring that the auditors are provided with the necessary supporting documents on a timely manner and devise ways to minimize risks identified
• Strategic Thinking
• Results focus
• Change Leadership
• Team Leadership
• People Management
Key Result Areas
• Planning and implementation of country strategy
• Timeliness, regularity and accuracy in reporting
• Sourcing and management of organizational resources
• Team development
• Employee/Talent development
Qualifications, experience and skills
• Master’s degree in business, finance, or related field is required. Professional accounting qualifications would be beneficial;
• Minimum of 8 years of substantial professional experience in the field of accounting and financial management preferably within international organizations with donor-funded programs;
• Experience working with multi-partner projects highly desirable
• Significant experience with accounting system management;
• Solid Experience to oversee the procurement process;
• Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international development agency;
• Proven ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner;
• Demonstrated ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
• Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships with stakeholders;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other Finance software and internet software
• Conversant in French and English (written and spoken).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.