Vacancy title: Finance and Administration Director[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Administration (F&A) Director is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the project, in close coordination with regional finance and administration officers. The F&A Director will oversee and coordinate financial activities for the project, including: financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, procurement, grants, logistics, human resources and financial reporting and accounting. The F&A Director will work closely with regional staff to ensure efficient and compliant operations at all project offices. The position is also responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Tanzania financial operations.
Budgeting and Expenditure Monitoring
• Oversee all financial planning, budgeting and reporting for the project, including developing and managing systems to monitor and report expenditures
• Oversee day-to-day coordination of financial activities ensuring efficient operations and cost efficiency
• Lead development, monitoring and review of accurate budgets and track expenditures using cost-performance monitoring mechanisms to ensure prevention of over or under expenditure, monitor variances, and take actions as appropriate
• Determine updated monthly project accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy and program completion
• Prepare required financial reports and provide reports and pipeline analysis as requested by the donor, as well as monthly financial report using QuickBooks
Operations and Accounting
• Maintain and administer an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system (QuickBooks) to assure the integrity and effective financial operations and prepare monthly reports
• Utilize various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and/or reports to execute position duties
• Review, reconcile and monitor all project accounts, including operating accounts and petty cash operations involving cash advances.
• Oversee project’s cash needs, payments, procurement, provincial office start-up, operation systems, policies and procedures, and consultant payments
• Implement and oversee a financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego’s established financial system
• Ensure financial records are properly maintained and readily available and facilitate external audits
• Ensure HR and administrative procedures for project and staff are in place and in compliance, including: time keeping, leave and absence tracking, personnel employment records, etc.
Compliance and Risk Management
• Establish financial controls are in place and adhered to, ensuring proper safeguards of funds and ensuring compliance with established award terms and conditions, as well as USG and Jhpiego financial, accounting and administrative policies
• Ensure that USAID resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans
• Provide oversight for subaward management processes, ensuring compliance and building ongoing capacity.
Management and Capacity Building
• Provide guidance to Chief of Party and project team members on financial requirements and office operations in compliance with USAID and Jhpiego policies and procedures
• Provide guidance, monitoring and support to regional teams on: procurement, local and international travel, and maintenance of office inventory
• Mentor and support a team of highly qualified regional finance staff and align their efforts in concert with project goals to ensure rapid and sustainable results
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field and CPA
• At least 8 years demonstrated experience in financial and administrative management for large complex projects with $10 million annual budget, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
• At least seven (7) years of senior-level work experience with USG or other donors with five years’ experience in managing USG contracts
• Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
• Knowledge of USG cost principles, including USAID regulations, GAAP accounting rules and grants contract management
• Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Subcontract or subagreement financial management experience
• Knowledge of financing mechanisms – contracts and grants and their relevant terms and conditions
• Experience developing and/or implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
• Experience hiring and supervising personnel
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with U.S. government including USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
• Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
• Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports and documents
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop financial and administrative capacity of project staff
• In depth knowledge financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets, including QuickBooks Enterprise, and Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally
hpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
EEO is the Law
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.