Finance Specialist (Re-advertisement)
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role:
This is a senior Finance position for an experienced person with the ability to look at the bigger picture while being able to deliver hands-on results. In support of the Finance Manager, the Area based SMT and the Area Manager support the DRC operations within Tanzania (Kigoma region) with a key focus on the Accountancy including assessing the reliability of the financial control systems as a whole. This position identifies and implements measures needed to ensure that the financial systems are functioning at the desired levels of efficiency, effectiveness, accountability and compliance.
This role has an area office focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines set at HQ and Regional Office levels and within the country, as well as compliance with relevant Tanzania Laws and regulations (NSSF, Taxation, Labour Law). The role contributes to the development of strategies, which are translated into SOPs. The role subsequently ensures compliance with these SOPs. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations.
• Review and validation of financial records for compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook and donor policies and procedures for all support units (supply chain, HR, finance, and admin).
• Review and validation of project financial reports for compliance with DRC’s Operations handbook and donor policies and procedures (ie: budget flexibility, eligible costs, report format, etc) prior submission to HQ and donors.
• Be the focal point person for the Tanzania Master budget, meaning updating this in consultation with finance manager and HOSS, presenting this on a quarterly basis and ensuring it is constantly updated.
• Lead the process of submitting Financial Statements on an annual basis, liaising with the audit firm and RO/HQ to ensure All information is accurate, complete and in full compliance with Tanzanian rules and regulations.
• Implement recommendations of the tax compliance self-check to ensure full compliance with Tanzanian Law.
• Draft, review, and validation of budget proposals prior submission to HQ for approval.
• Responsible and ensure on-time creation of project set-up in the DRC ERP System called Dynamics, budget forecast, and/or budget modification.
• Serve as the focal point for project specific external audits and follow up in coordination with the Finance Manager. Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ is available.
• Review and monitor completion of month end tasks by all area offices and country office. Follow up and monitor monthly reconciliation overviews of balance sheet items.
• Responsible for regular quality check of payment requests/ financial documents prior to payment and providing colleagues with clear feedback / guidance on improvement of systems.
• Monitor use of internal controls and provide guidance to strengthen them, validate and review compliance self-checks and follow up on action plans.
• Develop innovative compliance self-checks and collaborate with the Regional Office to ensure that areas of poor or weak controls are controlled by implementing new policies and checks on a regular basis.
• Prepare internal control review reports; keep up to date on donor compliance rules, regulations, and DRC’s Operations Handbook policies and procedures.
• Promote general awareness on internal controls by both Finance, Supply Chain, and Program staff alike.
• Identify risks and develop/ improve internal control systems to reduce the associated risks
• Review of donor reports for accuracy, compliance with donor requirements and timeliness before submission to RO and HQ for review.
• Provide training for finance staff when needed/requested on DRC’s ERP system Dynamics and/or other DRC Operations Handbook policies and procedures.
• Serve as focal point for local partners, review financial report and provide training to partners on budget preparation and financial reporting.
• Serve as finance focal point for Consortium projects. Closely coordination for budget development, review, financial report and project audit.
• Support the Finance Manager and Area Manager with development of SOPs and localized policies as needed based on identified gaps in organizational policies or based on local requirements.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 5 years of experience in a relevant field. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• A Master’s Degree or advanced professional qualification in Finance or similar sector.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in compliance functions in the finance field at a similar level position.
• If not compliance related experience, at least 5 years working in Finance field (general).
• Experience working for a large INGO, with in depth knowledge of INGO rules, regulations, policies and, and procedures.
• Experience and expertise in the use of financial system software, preferably a Microsoft ERP system.
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or International Development
• Certification of CA, ACCA or CPA is mandatory
• English (Fluent)
• Kiswahili (Fluent)
• CD, Finance manager, HOSS and AM
• Finance and programme teams
• Support Services Team
• DRC RO and HQ Team
• Government of Tanzania Authorities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.